The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » A silly thought (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Has anyone ever tried to get away with doing an ambitious card routine with a OOFD? Smile

Sometimes, the simpelst and stupidest things amaze people...
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
This is the first thing that non-magician's think you are doing. They think you have a bunch of the same card or the whole deck is the same card.

I've seen routines where you do ambitious card and then reveal that all the cards are the same but they are a different card.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
Has anyone ever tried to get away with doing an ambitious card routine with a OOFD?

I did just that a couple days ago for my wife.... though she's not a particularly tough spectator. I finished with the "Svengali move" of showing her that all the cards had turned into her selection. Smile

Actually I think you could get away with it as a finale if you've done a number of other effects and do a DS before going into the routine -- though I'd avoid the "they all changed" move at the end. ;-)
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
You know. if you took a phoenix DD, made one of the two a OOFD and then R&Sd it, Gould have the equivalent of a Svengali but one that could be fanned.

would probably make a very convincing no slight way to do ambitious card.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Cyberqat,

I will have to dig it up for you, but, there is a VERY cool routine in one of Jerry Mentzer's Card Cavalcade books entitled How About That! (Yes, named for Yankees announcer Mel Allen).

Anyhow, I think, based on your post, that you would LOVE this routine.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Thanks Vlad.
syd_uk
View Profile
New user
London, UK
81 Posts

Profile of syd_uk
Quote:
..if you took a phoenix DD, made one of the two a OOFD and then R&Sd it, Gould have the equivalent of a Svengali but one that could be fanned.

Or you could use a Pop-eyed Popper Deck or a Mirage Deck to achieve a similar effect.. although you obviously wouldn't be able to show 52 different faces.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » A silly thought (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL