The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » If I could.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
If I could juggle, I'd probably never do another magic trick in a street show again...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
WHY???
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Because juggling is awesome.

Believe me, I love magic. But for street shows, juggling is the shizznat!

Bowling ball + shoe + apple = laughs
Unicycle + torches = $$$
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2108 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
You got that right gaddy.

Whenever I practice juggling the dog and cat run away.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1160 Posts

Profile of imgic
Gaddy, I taught myself how to juggle when I was 14 after seeing a friend do it. Trust me, if an uncordinated klutz such as myself juggle anyone can. You could do be doing a basic cascade within a day. And the cool thing is it's like riding a bike: once you have it, you have it. And once you have the basics down, it's easy to work up...different patterns, eating apple, clubs, knives, etc...it gets easier.

Get somebody who knows how to juggle, have them spend an hour or so with you to show you pattern and timing, and you'll be tossing around a bowling ball, shoe and apple in no time.

Sorry, but I can't offer any words on advice on unicycle...I'm scared of them.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

I juggle and do unicycle but there is something magical about doing magic!
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2010-10-06 18:37, fireperformer911 wrote:
I juggle and do unicycle but there is something magical about doing magic!

I agree, however... Smile

vs. Smile Smile Smile

But you gotta do what you love, or at least, what what you are able to do...

Without getting into a "magic bullet trick that will solve all your problems" type discussion, is there anything that our members here wish they could do, but just can't?
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Hey Gaddy,
We have a guy out here on the East Coast named Hilby. I worked some of the same festivals and Street shows he did and he will make you laugh so hard you will p** your pants...this guy is a scream but boy can he juggle....
http://www.hilby.net/who.html

Bill
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
When I practised juggling every day my goal was to do five balls with a torch ballansed on my chin. I came to five balls and torch, but not at the same time. Kind of like the idea still though. Now I have a four year old daughter, so I don't have the same amount of practise time.
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1110 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Funny on Gazzo DVD there is a juggler trying to learn cups and balls so he do magic.

I think it's best to have as many skills as possible or reasonable. It makes life more interesting and less boring to.

JerryB
Mr. Pitts
View Profile
Inner circle
David Pitts
1054 Posts

Profile of Mr. Pitts
Yep, same here, I wish my juggling skills were better but I haven't committed to the practice it would take. I've seen how audiences love juggling, good juggling, and nobody ever says "I know how you did that". I love that about it, it's all about practice and skill, there's no guessing how it's done. I do think though that some people are naturally better equipped to learn it than others. It's like having an ear for music, "perfect pitch"... I think some people are a little more gifted than others, in this case, in the eye-hand coordination/physical awareness department. I'm not one of those people. It took me about six weeks to learn how to ride a unicycle, my little brother learned it in three days. I taught a friend of mine how to do a three ball cascade in a couple of hours. It took me a couple of months. I was learning from a book, but still.. jeez.. I'm just not a natural.
David Pitts
The Astonishing Mr. Pitts
Comedy Magician and Ventriloquist
http://www.mrpitts.com
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Jerry

The Juggler in Gazzo video was learning so Gazzo would have a complete amateur to teach. With that being said Guy does magic for smaller crowds and juggling for bigger crowds.
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Gaddy,
Here's an idea for you...go ahead and learn Juggling, then rotate your shows like do the Juggling in the morning and Busking in the afternoon and see which one yields you the larger hats....Just a thought..I'm pretty sure that on Hilby's site he has a DVD of his show plus he teaches you how to juggle...
Bill
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
I can assure you that the most talented juggler isn't gonna last if he doesn't have a tight show, isn't funny, and ppl don't like him.... I used to think the same way gad.. until I watched myself consistently get bigger hats and have better shows than unicycle jugglers / circle shows I was sharing pitchs with..

do what you love to do
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
N I know hilby..

yeah hes a great juggler but he's also one of the best / best structured and funniest shows ive ever seen..

he's really the best.. that's why he does so well
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
You can do magic for big crowds... I know bec I do circle shows and have packed amplitheatre pitches with my show regularly.. the only thing I added was my fire eating act, but it's mostly magic.. not bragging, I'm just sayin'.. It's all presentation
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

I will attest to what George Gilbert is saying as I shared a pitch with him and his hats were bigger and I was juggling on a 7 foot unicycle.
Eduardo
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Eduardo
Some months ago I went to a city, everything was slow... I did my doorway show for some hours, and it was hard, that day... (stoping the people, the money, hot...) later I found one very interesting busker doing marionettes, his name Joss (20 years traveling the europe)... incredible experience whatching this gentlemen, he is a master of the sreets... he was like a magnet to the people... later I had a great conversation with him, and learned a lot that day... during some days I ask myself, and if I start doing marionettes?

Eduardo
SilvaAce
View Profile
Regular user
Fargo, ND
156 Posts

Profile of SilvaAce
I've been juggling for about 10 months now. I love being able to change from magic to juggling during practice. Even though I don't have a juggling act, it never fails to draw a crowd when I practice at the park. People are so use to seeing your typical 3 ball cascade, that they are blown away when you start doing other juggling tricks. They start thinking you are just making the tricks up on the spot!

Can't wait to put together a juggling act to go with my magic show.!!!
All you have to do to change your life, is to change your daily habits!

Carlos Silva
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2010-10-12 16:44, SilvaAce wrote:
I've been juggling for about 10 months now. I love being able to change from magic to juggling during practice. Even though I don't have a juggling act, it never fails to draw a crowd when I practice at the park. People are so use to seeing your typical 3 ball cascade, that they are blown away when you start doing other juggling tricks. They start thinking you are just making the tricks up on the spot!

Can't wait to put together a juggling act to go with my magic show.!!!
I agree that combining the two has some awesome potential...
Anyone here combine juggling and magic into one cohesive show?

I'mma work on this !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » If I could.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL