The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » If I could.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2108 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Have you seen Charlie Frye do the Sidewalk Shuffle?
Juggling the jumbo cards looks really cool. Of course, he was born juggling.

It CAN'T be that difficult.
...or is it?

Call me Spazzy.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
I always thought that Juggling would work against the "magic" ..

But I've seen Jimmy Talksalot do some really cool Juggling / magic and manipulation..

One effect, he is juggling 3 balls and all of the sudden he only has 1..

and he does some really cool color changes while juggling.. its eye candy
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
I've heard a lot of magicians who doesn't like magic and juggling in a combination. I've always thought the oposite. But I guess it's all about what kind of magic you do. Combining close up and juggling might seem a bit wierd, but if you use the term "juggling" in the way I think it should; wand spinning, pen juggling, lighter flicking, coin juggling, fits.

If we talk number juggling, say seven balls or juggling clubs - well it doesn't fit. Unless you do a big stage show. I've always thought that the linking rings and juggling is strongly related.
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
Mr. Pitts
View Profile
Inner circle
David Pitts
1054 Posts

Profile of Mr. Pitts
Magic and juggling are very closely related, especially when you start looking at manipulation and sleight of hand. I think you guys are on the right track with the idea of seamlessly incorporating the two, like George was saying about Jimmy's work. Jimmy does some hat manipulation that's part juggling and part magic too. Good stuff.
David Pitts
The Astonishing Mr. Pitts
Comedy Magician and Ventriloquist
http://www.mrpitts.com
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2010-10-13 04:47, Arkadia wrote:
I've heard a lot of magicians who doesn't like magic and juggling in a combination.
no prob there. I've never given a crap about what other magicians thought...
Quote:
I've always thought that the linking rings and juggling is strongly related.
almost exactly what I was thinking! Begin with a few small juggling feats, move into the rings and take it from there where the magical moment takes you!
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Gaddy: I created a routine some years ago that I still do in all my shows. It is all about a juggling tricks that screw up. Linking rings all the way. And I have a lot of fun doing that routine.
teachersears
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of teachersears
I'm trying to learn to juggle three rings this winter to use as a crowd gatherer next season. Based on early attempts, it's going to be a long haul.

Just had this thought. The last bit of my show is a rope and ring on again off again. Maybe grabbing the other two rings and juggling during the final hat line would be a nice book end.
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
471 Posts

Profile of epoptika
Quote:
On 2010-10-06 16:12, imgic wrote:
Gaddy, I taught myself how to juggle when I was 14 after seeing a friend do it. Trust me, if an uncordinated klutz such as myself juggle anyone can. You could do be doing a basic cascade within a day. And the cool thing is it's like riding a bike: once you have it, you have it.

I would be extremely impressed by any beginner who could do a cascade the first day - unless he is using scarves. But then I may just be an extreme klutz. It is, however, not nearly as difficult as many people imagine to work up to three ball juggling.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I can keep 3 clubs in the air between 6 to 10 throws. It's been extremely difficult to make any progress from this point, though...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1158 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On 2010-10-13 12:54, Arkadia wrote:
Gaddy: I created a routine some years ago that I still do in all my shows. It is all about a juggling tricks that screw up. Linking rings all the way. And I have a lot of fun doing that routine.

Arkadia: Sounds like a fun and novel routine. Any video of it on Youtube?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1082 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Personally I don't draw boundaries in entertainment. I will juggle, perform magic, physical comedy, and anything that will give an audience experience they can only get by my street performance.

So, Gaddy, juggle buddy.

just a suggestion...

JerryB
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Nops no videos. Don't want it nicked. Smile
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1158 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On 2010-10-19 05:20, Arkadia wrote:
Nops no videos. Don't want it nicked. Smile

Will have to go to back up plan...talking the wife into a trip to Sweden! Smile
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
You're more than welcome. I will show you all the great (!?) pitches. Seriously though - if a busker comes over here. I'm there to help!
mtb
View Profile
New user
South Africa
61 Posts

Profile of mtb
Quote:
On 2010-10-09 12:18, Mr. Pitts wrote:
[...]and nobody ever says "I know how you did that".

Yeah, they ask you if you can do one more.

Although I got into magic as a form of highly abstract juggling, particularly coin flourishes and sleights.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1158 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On 2010-11-15 04:14, mtb wrote:
Although I got into magic as a form of highly abstract juggling, particularly coin flourishes and sleights.

Ironically while I can do 3 ball, 4 ball (a few of 5 ball), clubs, knives...and various juggling tricks...I can't do a decent coin or card flourish to save my life...
mtb
View Profile
New user
South Africa
61 Posts

Profile of mtb
Imgic: Nor can I. Yet. Juggling is way easier.

http://www.coinmanipulation.com/ has some stuff though, so will be working through some of that when I get the chance. Some of the tricks are murderous.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » If I could.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL