The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Invitation for Lunch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

swamy
View Profile
Regular user
INDIA
159 Posts

Profile of swamy
An old illustrated packet effect "Invitation to Lunch" by Val Evans is very good.
Has a very good patter.

Does anybody perform it ?
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
As a teenager I performed a variation of it in my childrem's shows. In "Small But Deadly" I mention later incarnations of it were aimed at children (p.151 U.S. edition). I'm not sure now whether the version I used was the one put out by Supreme or this one still available from International Magic.
http://www.internationalmagic.com/acatal......ic1.html

Either way, clearly inspired by the Val Evans effect.

Paul.
swamy
View Profile
Regular user
INDIA
159 Posts

Profile of swamy
Prior to the effect "Invitaion to Lunch" a similar effect was published in GENII named "Spell Bound" by Franz Christensen.
This packet effect appers to be the first illustrated effect(cartoon type) in the spelling trick category.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2010-10-08 01:10, swamy wrote:
Prior to the effect "Invitaion to Lunch" a similar effect was published in GENII named "Spell Bound" by Franz Christensen.
This packet effect appers to be the first illustrated effect(cartoon type) in the spelling trick category.

That's one I hadn't come across. The Evans routine was August 1937 issue of The Jinx, but Genii started in 1936. Guess I'm going to have to subscribe and get access to all those archives.... Smile

Paul.
swamy
View Profile
Regular user
INDIA
159 Posts

Profile of swamy
The effect "Spell bound" was published in Genii Nov 1936. Even Evans gives the credit to Franz Christensen's "Spell Bound"

The effect "Spell Bound" could be the first effect in the illustrated/cartoon type category.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Invitation for Lunch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL