The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » How to present Card Tricks with ordinary decks. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1955 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On 2010-10-09 14:06, tony660 wrote:
That is interesting, I will look for the book online.

Got $5? You can get it here:

http://www.lybrary.com/royal-road-card-magic-p-35.html
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4394 Posts

Profile of Paul
This is the first time I've ever heard of this problem, someone swapping decks to do one set up effect after another repeatedly. I know, there are so MANY good effects like this, but the truth is, it's an example of poor routining to try and do one after the other like this. From the effects you're doing Tony pick out the best two, one to open and one to close. You can always switch in the final deck, by the ruse of forgetting to replace the jokers when placing away, then offering to do 'just one more' when the deck has been brought out to add the jokers.

Work on some routines for 'in-between' where you can take relevant cards from the deck etc. With regard to: "nor do I have a tremendous amount of sleights" - the truth is, you don't NEED a tremendous amount of sleights in your toolbox. Just several good utility moves can serve you well.

Use some of your other favourite 'set ups' in similar fashion to bracket other card material, perhaps some of the Howard Adams mathematical based card effects, ace routines etc. The you have a few different 'acts' to choose from.

No doubt the routines you have picked to do have been very strong, but as others have stated earlier, this swapping of decks suggests all is not as it should be, and dilutes the power of your routines. Other routines and non open exchanging of decks would offer light and shade, change of pace, and no doubt put the focus on you rather than the decks.

Good luck with your experimentation.
Paul.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Quote:
On 2010-10-08 15:40, tony660 wrote:
I have a question which has been a problem of mine for years. I have many many card tricks that I do, plenty of them using a preset deck like a card on top, several cards on top, maybe an upside down card, etc.
Does anyone have a better idea, explanation, etc.

Thank you,

Tony
Learn how to cull the necessary cards (ungaffed of course) to the top.

Cardamagically,
Dom Smile Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » How to present Card Tricks with ordinary decks. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL