The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fox News story of the day (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
Quote:
On 2010-10-10 09:13, R.S. wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-09 18:44, NicholasD wrote:
And, even if they did mess up, at least they report news even if it might not further Obama's agenda.

You mean fair and balanced like this clip from before the election...?

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheYoungTurk......yz3UDvGw

Ron

I'd be willing to bet that this was a reporter who saw more than the camera did. Yes, the clip is funny for what it shows, but the reporter may have seen more hands for McCain on the other side of the camera guy.

I'm just saying.

Also, on that thing about the jetpacks, it was the topic of conversation on one morning's Fox & Friends, which is not a "hard news" show. Before the program was over they had corrected their misinformation about the LA police department ordering 10,000 of them. In all fairness, they didn't leave it hanging out there.

Carrie
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Fox continually tried to obscure Obama's clear mandate.

Fully 3 out of 10 eligible Americans agreed, he's worth voting for, and 15 out of 28 voters who expressed an opinion at the polls felt he would be better than McCain.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
That young Turk link won't work for me. What is the title?
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I don't think any of the television news channels are all that accurate.
Unfortunately, if you really want to be informed you have to put some time into digging and checking the sources, something that the news people should be doing themselves in the name of ethics and integrity.
I think it's kind of sad that the most accurate news program on television is a parody one.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2010-10-11 12:53, kcg5 wrote:
That young Turk link won't work for me. What is the title?

Youtube was down a few minutes ago. Try again, it's back up.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2010-10-11 10:53, Carrie Sue wrote:

I'd be willing to bet that this was a reporter who saw more than the camera did. Yes, the clip is funny for what it shows, but the reporter may have seen more hands for McCain on the other side of the camera guy.

So you're saying that they were segregating diners, according to their vote preference? Yeah, um, I don't think so.

Besides, watch the video again carefully. Basically all of the dining area was on camera. The part behind the cameraman (which we see at the start of the video) was a nearly empty counter / ordering area.

Finally, the diners on camera could see behind the cameraman. So if the vote was honestly fairly 'split' in the room as you suggest, why did the diners laugh at the cameraman when he said that?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
With all due respect, you can not run an alledged "fact based news network" lets say, on "The reporter saw more than the camera did". It does not wash.

I am not one to attack Fox believe me, but sloppy needs to be called out for what it is.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2010-10-11 13:26, Dannydoyle wrote:
... sloppy needs to be called out for what it is.

I agree, but let's call it sloppy (or skewed, or what it IS) on ALL networks...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Quote:
On 2010-10-11 12:22, LobowolfXXX wrote:

Fully 3 out of 10 eligible Americans agreed, he's worth voting for, and 15 out of 28 voters who expressed an opinion at the polls felt he would be better than McCain.

I'll bet many of them have buyer's remorse now.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-10-11 15:53, NicholasD wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-11 12:22, LobowolfXXX wrote:

I'll bet many of them have buyer's remorse now.

I think that's true, but I also think that many of the McCain voters would have buyer's remorse now, too. I think we had enough problems that a great many people weren't going to like where we are in 2010 no matter who was elected in 2008, and when you don't like where you end up, you tend to blame the guy driving.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I just don't think McCain would have spent us into so much debt. I'd still take more of what we had for the previous eight years than what we have now.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2010-10-11 16:32, NicholasD wrote:
I just don't think McCain would have spent us into so much debt. I'd still take more of what we had for the previous eight years than what we have now.

It was the guys from the previous 8 years who called for and approved the massive TARP spending. I guess one can always argue that McCain may not have spent it, but that is probably wishful thinking given that he voted in favor of it.

Just in passing, this week: "Treasury Department estimated this week that TARP may cost taxpayers as little as $51 billion, less than half what it took to clean up the 1980s savings-and-loan crisis. The cost could shrink to $29 billion if the U.S. reaps expected profits from its other, non-TARP aid to insurer American International Group Inc., it said."
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
Quote:
On 2010-10-11 17:21, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-11 16:32, NicholasD wrote:

It was the guys from the previous 8 years who called for and approved the massive TARP spending. I guess one can always argue that McCain may not have spent it, but that is probably wishful thinking given that he voted in favor of it.

Just in passing, this week: "Treasury Department estimated this week that TARP may cost taxpayers as little as $51 billion, less than half what it took to clean up the 1980s savings-and-loan crisis. The cost could shrink to $29 billion if the U.S. reaps expected profits from its other, non-TARP aid to insurer American International Group Inc., it said."

And I was not in favor of President George W. Bush's profligate spending in the last years of his administration either. Both parties are wrong if they take us down that road.

At least the Republicans appear to have seen the light, based on the political newbies who are winning primaries (and maybe the general election) this year. We need to stop spending too much, not raise taxes, and decrease government control over everything we do so the magic of freedom may be unleashed to create that rising tide that lifts all boats.

Carrie

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I've decided I have to go Democratic this time around. Individual freedoms are too important to me. God help us.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2010-10-11 13:57, ClintonMagus wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-11 13:26, Dannydoyle wrote:
... sloppy needs to be called out for what it is.

I agree, but let's call it sloppy (or skewed, or what it IS) on ALL networks...

Across the board! I can not name a single non biased news source. Not one.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
True... I like how some use obvious anti something names and people still refer to them as sources.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
By definition, every news source is biased. It is a matter of degree.

Bias doesn't concern me so much as does lack of factual reporting. If a news source presents the facts, I can make a decent determination of the truth no matter how they present them (the facts).

IMO, the main FOXNews website is normally pretty good at presenting facts from various sides (even though it might emphasize one set of facts over another). (Not so much the opinion / news entertainment side of FOX, which too many people confuse for factual reporting.) These days, FOXNews is probably my go to site for national U.S. news.

Sites like WND and Breitbart I find detestable, as they present themselves as news sources but do lousy and dishonest reporting by often leaving significant facts out or misrepresenting them.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Dan Rather anyone? Matter of degree? Wanna really claim it was a mistake in judgement? Please. Bias plain and simple. Now that the OTHER SIDE has equal bias the people who had the control for so long are upset. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/art......p20.html

Dan Rather was considered mainstream for pity sake.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I wonder if Chris Matthews still has that "thrill" going up his leg?
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
Matthews does indeed still have that experience.

He reiterated it just a few weeks ago.

Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?

Carrie

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fox News story of the day (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL