We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fox News story of the day (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Does anyone really think that the number when we finally got a good look around is equal to the number while the inspectors were getting jerked around for years?

The password is: Syria
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-11-03 11:39, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Does anyone really think that the number when we finally got a good look around is equal to the number while the inspectors were getting jerked around for years?

????
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-11-03 12:09, gdw wrote:
Quote:

????

If I search your house thoroughly for something and don't find it, there are probably 3 main possibilities:
1) It was never there
2) It was dismantled to the point of unrecognizability
3) It was moved somewhere else

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-11-03 12:14, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-03 12:09, gdw wrote:
Quote:

????

If I search your house thoroughly for something and don't find it, there are probably 3 main possibilities:
1) It was never there
2) It was dismantled to the point of unrecognizability
3) It was moved somewhere else

Ah, I see what you are saying. Sorry, I didn't realize you were referring to the number of WMDs for example.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:

Still, the final report of the Iraq Survey Group said movement of WMDs to Syria did not happen.

"U.S. investigators hunting for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq have found no evidence that such material was moved to Syria for safekeeping before the war, according to a final report of the investigation"

Of course, it is still a matter of dispute. People still debate the official Kennedy assassination explanation. And some say 9/11 was an inside job. It is impossible to disprove some theories, to the satisfaction of everyone.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-11-03 12:59, balducci wrote:
Quote:

Still, the final report of the Iraq Survey Group said movement of WMDs to Syria did not happen.

"U.S. investigators hunting for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq have found no evidence that such material was moved to Syria for safekeeping before the war, according to a final report of the investigation"

Your quotation certainly doesn't illustrate that the conclusion was that it "did not happen." It says, instead, that they did not find evidence of it. Similarly, a jury verdict of "not guilty" doesn't mean that the jury believes that the defendant was innocent. If I can stall the cops at the front door long enough to flush a bag of weed down the toilet, they'll "find no evidence" that it was there, too.

I assume they're referring only to physical evidence; there's certainly testimonial evidence, e.g. General Sada (author of "Saddam's Secrets).

Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
"Apparently, ours are weapons of growth and nurturing." --Greg Proops at Just for Laughs
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I'm putting John and the Balducci down for the US and pals should have destroyed Iraq the first time around rather than let them accept terms they didn't intend to fulfill.

Equipment Iraq purchased and was shipped to them was not found. If not found does that mean they did not exist or that they were not found? Is it your belief that some godly power snapped his/her fingers and it vanished? Logic dictates one of two things. Either they were hidden and not found or they were moved to a country with a similar political system that is right next door that isn't going to tell anyone they have any weapons....Syria would be the only logical place.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1594 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Back to another Greg Proops line ''We know Saddam had WMD because we sold them to him!

Actually the real issue [and Tony Blair's downfall] was that what weapons he did
have could'nt reach England or America.

Iraq is going to end up costing 3 Trillion dollars! [according to a Nobel prize winner]
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2010-11-03 20:46, Markymark wrote:
Iraq is going to end up costing 3 Trillion dollars! [according to a Nobel prize winner]

Obama?
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Marky, Germany sold it to them. I think the general idea is to keep chemical weapons from landing on anyone not just the US and England.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-11-03 20:51, critter wrote:
Obama?

Probably more than 3 trillion, and faster.

Wait, were you asking if he was the one who said the thing about Iraq?

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2010-11-03 20:51, critter wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-03 20:46, Markymark wrote:

Obama?

Actually, it was former chief economist of the World Bank and winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics (which is not really a Nobel Prize, FWIW), Joseph Stiglitz, who estimated in 2008 that total costs of the Iraq War on the US economy will be three trillion dollars in a "moderate scenario". It could be much larger.

Two articles by Bilmes and Stiglitz, for two different audiences:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment......9840.ece

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con......846.html

WWS (What Wikipedia Says):

According to a Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report published in October 2007, the U.S. wars in Iraq and Afghanistan could cost taxpayers a total of $2.4 trillion dollars by 2017 when counting the huge interest costs because combat is being financed with borrowed money. The CBO estimated that of the $2.4 trillion long-term price tag for the war, about $1.9 trillion of that would be spent on Iraq, or $6,300 per U.S. citizen.[9][10]

Stiglitz, former chief economist of the World Bank and winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics, has stated the total costs of the Iraq War on the US economy will be three trillion dollars in a moderate scenario, and possibly more in the most recent published study, published in March 2008.[11] Stiglitz has stated: "The figure we arrive at is more than $3 trillion. Our calculations are based on conservative assumptions...Needless to say, this number represents the cost only to the United States. It does not reflect the enormous cost to the rest of the world, or to Iraq."[11]
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1594 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Yes,Joseph Stiglitz was the man who's name I could not remember.

I suppose it's topical now in that a lot of the people who were for starting expensive wars don't want any stimulus dollars for the economy.

Santa,it was a bit of comedic liscense! Germany was behind the chemical stuff you
are right. But you know it's big business selling arms to questionable regimes.
Then the shock and surprise when they are actually used!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fox News story of the day (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL