The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Oculus from Outlaw (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Just received the high end Oculus (I understand there will apparently be two versions), and it is excellent. I'm also a Spiritus Magnus owner, and if you are also, you may be wondering whether to purchase the Oculus. Based on my relatively short time with it, the answer is a resounding yes, especially if you are interested in doing straight talking board work. The "works" seem stronger than those in the SM; there are two spots instead of one, and the control of the planchette is very consistent for me. I.e., from the pointing to YES position, I can control it to flip and point to NO every time. I didn't find I had that same control with the SM. The Oculus is shaped and looks more what like spectators expect a Ouija board to look like. It is very thin. The action of the planchette gliding over the board is better for me. The look and finish of the Oculus is first rate, which is exactly what you expect of an Outlaw product.

None of this should be considered a disparagement in any way of the SM, which I will not depart with. The size and shape of the SM make me want to do more (other) than talking board work. The bell, the urn, pendulum, the way the drawer opens, the runes, etc., make this more of a whole kit of different ways to contact the other side. While I imagine the same accessories can and will be used by others effectively with the Oculus, I believe for me I will probably not do so, leaving the Oculus to be a pure talking board, and the SM as more of a kit for speaking with the dead in a number of ways. Great work, Rick, Tim and Karl.

John
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Please tell me this is a hoax!!
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Not a hoax, sorry.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
We've kept this underground the last couple of months. We did not want to officially introduce it until the R.A.'s are shipping. The R.A.'s are starting to go out a few at a time this week.

There are some customers that I run ideas buy in the R and D stages of a new product, and a few of them have purchased the Oc already.

There is also a hand painted aged board with no inlay or brass corners or frills called "The Dark Board" same size and "werks" as the Oc

This is the Oculus-2 super coils-less than 1 inch thick 20 inch by 14 inch

BTW, the photo does not do justice to this piece.

2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Jake Murphree
View Profile
Regular user
Beyond the Psychomanteum
138 Posts

Profile of Jake Murphree
Stunning...absolutely beautiful.

Though, I must admit that I'm not sure how I feel about the glass eyes in the upper corners.

Nice work.

I envy the owners of high end Outlaw pieces.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2010-10-13 22:18, murph813 wrote:
Stunning...absolutely beautiful.

Though, I must admit that I'm not sure how I feel about the glass eyes in the upper corners.

Nice work.

I envy the owners of high end Outlaw pieces.

Thank you. The eyes are also a bit yellowed but that washed out in the photo.
We're pretty easy here, we can do a board without the eyes, but then it can't see...
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Take it from me, the eyes are very well done. They help set this board apart from others, and are tastefully rendered.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Roth, mon,

Any pics of the PAINTED version?

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Is this going to come with a bell and Planchet?
sokarnl
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of sokarnl
Id like to see pics of the pricetag too. thanks

robert
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
I best get the rest of my money together to pay for mine! Looks great!
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Because the Oculus and the Dark Board are still "underground" anyone interested please send me a PM and I'll be happy to give you the skinny.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
xtrouble
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of xtrouble
The Oculus is now available on Outlaw's website. I'm waiting for some pics of the Dark Board now !
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
I have very good idea combining my Outlaw Panthera wallet with this board....make me like real psychic.

CC
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Just received my Oculus last night and I am gape mouthed!
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Rick if you can get a pic of the Dark Board up I will send you the final payment.Smile
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
One of the better uses of "this stuff"...are the brilliant Library shows of Chad Crews.

Check out the topics on his vid, for him the props are quite practical.
http://www.chadcrewsmagic.com/
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2011-01-27 22:16, TheBrain wrote:
Guys again no kidding aside where do you guys perform this stuff in your back yards for your wife and kids.I just can't imagine doing this stuff in this day in age.Again my opinion do not get offended it's not practical find it very hard to absorb.Also those eyes look ridiculous that kills the whole look.

Brain you've managed to put down a lot of people here in a short time. I would suggest you try to be a little more positive about what you post.

If you don't like something move on. You have your style and other people have theirs. No need to put someone else down because they are able to use a product that you don't feel comfortable with using.

We also do custom versions. The guys that bought Oculus like it, that's why they bought it.

Fair enough?

We have The Dark Board also, no eyes, but it is old and antiqued so it's probably not something you would be interested in based on your thoughts on the Departed.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2011-01-27 21:23, necroloid wrote:
Rick if you can get a pic of the Dark Board up I will send you the final payment.Smile

Pics of the Dark Board coming in the next few days. I would say possibly Monday. Tim is finishing one now.Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Someone asked "where do you perform this stuff:" on my job: I'll bring in a piece and present it as a new antique find. At home when friends come over ans see a Ouiija board on the fireplace mantle piece--what better way to begin a seance! Also when I visit my friends at their parties--I'm usually given a room to present my oddities. Eventually I'll do a more theatrical Seance show in SF.
Note that some of us don't do magic shows we present ourselves as the real black magic bizarre McCoy! We lead our spectators into what they think is the real occult!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Oculus from Outlaw (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL