The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Geocentrism--the conference (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4965 Posts

Profile of landmark
"Galileo Was Wrong is a detailed and comprehensive treatment of the scientific evidence supporting Geocentrism, the academic belief that the Earth is immobile in the center of the universe. Garnering scientific information from physics, astrophysics, astronomy and other sciences, Galileo Was Wrong shows that the debate between Galileo and the Catholic Church was much more than a difference of opinion about the interpretation of Scripture.

Scientific evidence available to us within the last 100 years that was not available during Galileo's confrontation shows that the Church's position on the immobility of the Earth is not only scientifically supportable, but it is the most stable model of the universe and the one which best answers all the evidence we see in the cosmos. "

http://www.galileowaswrong.com/galileowaswrong/
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Seems to be a Roman Catholic conference - I've heard of Robert Sungenis, kind of a heavyweight in Roman Catholic apologetics, but none of the others (I'm a protestant, and have heard Sungenis debate Protestants on a number of RC vs Protestant subjects). He also seems to be the co-author of of a book having the same title as the conference.

Needless to say, he's REALLY going out on a limb on this one!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6635 Posts

Profile of magicfish
What will they think of next? Lol
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
At first I thought it was a joke, kinda like the psychiatric assessment of the inhabitants of the Hundred Acre Wood. But no, these guys are serious. And they're charging $50/head for people to hear them talk.

I am at a loss for words.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
As Chessman noted, Robert Sungenis has books on this subject and you can find them listed at the bottom of the conference page.

Sungenis highlights Ph.D. on his book covers, and from his bio

http://www.catholicintl.com/staff.html

I assume he must be talking about his "doctor’s degree" in Religion Studies from Calamus International University, London, England, 2006. From this place:

http://www.unicalamus.org/

Which certainly doesn't look like much at first glance. Upon further investigation, it seems that Calamus is one of those unaccredited institutions of higher learning one hears about from time to time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_una......learning

If you look at the Calamus site, you'll find that you can even self-nominate yourself for an honorary doctorate degree in various areas (including religious studies). Just so long as your credit card is unexpired, one presumes.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4965 Posts

Profile of landmark
I have to say, I'm curious as to what the main thread of their argument is.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Somebody wants to out-do the "Flat Earth" Society.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4965 Posts

Profile of landmark
Check the Q and A link on their website for a download on why they believe what they believe. An interesting mixture of beliefs.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Geocentrism--the conference (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL