The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » New Creation- Variation on the Triumph Plot (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Double.Lift.This
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Double.Lift.This
I actually just recently came up with a completely new version of the triumph plot, using a gimmicked deck of my own creation. It is still in the workings at the moment, but the basic mechanics and story line are pretty much hammered out. The story is about our mind has the amazing ...ability to create false images, and how that can distort reality. Here is the basic rundown of the effect. Imagine the spectators actually shuffle the deck face up into face down. They hold the the deck the entire time. With just a snap of the magician's finger the deck not only rights itself, but it is also in factory order. Wait....it get better, because that is not even the kicker. After the spectator hands the deck back to the magician...the magician begins to point out something interesting. He recalls explain about our minds fooling us into thinking we are seeing things that aren't really there. Such was the case of the deck being shuffled. However, it goes further. The magician calls attention to the deck, asking the spectator if she remembers the color of the deck. Of course she does, so she says blue. The magician then turns the deck over(which has been in full view the entire time) , and the entire deck has transformed into RED backed cards.

I would love to post a free tutorial on this effect once it is finished...however....I am still a broke college student..and I need money. lol. I am trying to sell the effect to different magic suppliers at the moment. However, if by January I don't sell it, I will indefinitely release it for free to those who are interested, on my blog.

I am really intersted in feed back on this effect. What I should work on, things I should improve, etc. Thanks again!

- Anthony
"Actions are sometimes performed in a masterly and most cunning way, while the direction of the actions is deranged and dependent on various morbid impressions-it's like a dream."
- Fyodor Dostoevsky, Crime and Punishment
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2699 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Hi Anthony, it sounds like an interesting effect. When you get a chance, maybe you could post a demo of it? we also have many well seasoned vets here that would be able to point you in the right direction and give you honest feedback. Hope to hear from you soon Smile
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1477 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
You should perform it for real people as much as you can, before releasing it.
Double.Lift.This
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Double.Lift.This
Thanks so much for the responses guys! I am working on getting a performance up relatively soon. This is something that I have been working on for about 3 months now. I know that it is still in the basic works right now. My only concern is that the method seems a little convoluted. I am looking to simplify the method and make it more accessible.
"Actions are sometimes performed in a masterly and most cunning way, while the direction of the actions is deranged and dependent on various morbid impressions-it's like a dream."
- Fyodor Dostoevsky, Crime and Punishment
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2711 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I would take Uli's advice and work it to death for the next several months maybe even at least a couple of years then maybe release it. Don't be like everyone else and just because you see itas being or have been told "this is new and leaves all other versions in the dust." Doesn't mean that it is. You won't know if it is or not till you really put it to work. You have been doing in for 3 months you say. But that is still not enough time to really get to know this thing. Keep working on it. show it as much as you can. But don't rush to put it out. The magic world will still be here after you have worked your effect to where you want it to be.
Danny Gee
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Danny Gee
I think you should release it now, it sounds great(and cos I want to play with it)! lol!
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Keep at it Ant. Make sure it's the best it can be even if it take another few months.
It sounds cool.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4391 Posts

Profile of Paul
There has already been a Triumph with a color changing back, F. Paul Wilson's "Technicolor Cheek" . This was more recently improved by Paul and released as an effect called "Spectrum".

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=S7114

However, good luck with your further explorations of the plot.
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
Definately audience test it (alot) and post a video or something and get feedback from some experianced card people. It may be that the trick you're working up can be done a lot easier with a move or two you may be unfamiliar with, or they may spot a trouble spot or two in the routine. If you are looking to sell the effect it needs to be polished in order to compete with all the tons of card effects out there. Most definately video tape yourself for your own reference, and refine the performance as well as the handling. If it's anything like you say (especially having the spec. shuffle the cards) I'm sure there will be a lot of people interested, but a lot of people will not buy something they aren't impressed by when they see it performed.
Matthew Olsen

www.mattolsenmagic.com

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » New Creation- Variation on the Triumph Plot (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL