The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » MarcoM the Mountebank has left the building (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
This morning (October 13, 2010) at 4:00 a.m., Dr. Ralph A. Marcom, AKA Marcom the Mountebank, shuffled off this mortal coil in the same ICU unit where is late wife Gloria Jacobson Palmer Marcom passed away eight years ago.

Both of them were friends of mine. I worked with MarcoM at the Texas Renaissance Festival and Scarborough Faire. He was one of the most brilliant men alive.

There will be no funeral; however, there may be a memorial service sometime down the road. I'll keep everyone posted.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Sorry to hear that. That's for the info, Bill.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
R.I.P. Dr. Marcom. A unique individual that added greatly to the art of magic.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
TAOM just won't seem the same without him. Seems he was one of those ever present fixtures there. Friendly with and comfortable with newbie and pro alike. Always willing to share his knowledge and suggestions with others. I looked forward to seeing him there every year.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Sorry to hear about your friend, Bill.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Sorry to hear that. I remember him attending some of the early Desert Magic Seminar's in Las Vegas. The D.M.S. is now the World Magic Seminar.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » MarcoM the Mountebank has left the building (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL