The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Aces - Hearts is left! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ChrisCroydon_02
View Profile
New user
Vienna, Austria
8 Posts

Profile of ChrisCroydon_02
Lord Anacho
View Profile
Regular user
Kessel-Lo, Belgium
157 Posts

Profile of Lord Anacho
I must be getting old. This went so fast that I didn't know what the effects were supposed to be.
Your skill is lightyears beyond my own. Yet.
You credit Dai Vernon. OK. Let's quote the professor.

1. "Confusion is not magic". Granted I am a bit slow, but I am not exceptional among spectators and you must cater for the likes of me also. So slow down. Let the magic register. Let it sink in.
2. "Magic is not moves, it is the absence of moves". Especially in the first part of your routine, the extreme buckling of the cards just cries out "Monkeybusiness going on!"

Real magic is when you appear to do nothing special, yet wond'rous things happen around you.

And you got some of those chops. Your Daley's Last Trick sequence is the only time I really gasped. So you can do it.

All the other parts of your routine make me say: "Yeah, he's good with his hands. I suppose. Wasn't quite sure what was going on, but I guess it must have been good."

Case in point. I am just watching Harry Lorayne DVD's. When Harry handles cards I have no suspicion of tricky business going on. He even seems to handle the deck a bit sloppily. Yet there's gasps galore. There's magic all over the place. After his performance I say "That was magical. He must be really good with his hands. I had no suspicion he was doing anything to the cards."

Then again, who am I to speak? I still can't pull of a simple jog shuffle worth a ***...

Ciao for now

Erik
"The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything" (Alfred Borden in The Prestige)
poonchingyip
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
419 Posts

Profile of poonchingyip
For me, it is just a routine combined with few tricks that are commonly seen nowadays.

I prefer you to talk while you are performing this routine though.

Lastly, may be only me being picky ---- I actually do not like the way you do the E. count, not natural and look so intense.

Please correct me if I say something wrong.

- Arthur
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I lost track of the EFFECTS.... study Fred Kaps and how he POINTS up what is happening.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
ChrisCroydon_02
View Profile
New user
Vienna, Austria
8 Posts

Profile of ChrisCroydon_02
http://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisCroydon......UAPgZybo slower version.
Many thanks for comments, CC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Aces - Hearts is left! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL