The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Canasta Book Test (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
Does anyone perform this test and how did it go down?

I'm practising it with books in hand.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Just curious. How/where did you learn the method? By watching the few videos of his performances or by other means? Just curious as I am not aware that he ever published or revealed exactly how he did it, although many claim to have surmised his method by observing him in action.
Dick Christian
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
The method is in Chan Canasta A Remarkable Man Vol 1 by David Britland
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
A method I should have typed.
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
Is the method released in A Remarkable Man not the real method, Dick? I've always admired the boldness of that method that was revealed in there.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
2619 Posts

Let me explain. Yes, the method is described -- albeit in very general terms and with the stated proviso that Canasta used many different variations of it -- in several places in the Britland book. However, mastering the technique is quite another matter and I am aware of very few who have honed it to the degree that they could hope to replicate the ease with which typified Canasta performances. From the way boydy referred to it I mistakenly assumed that he had found it published somewhere in much greater detail.
Dick Christian
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Chan actually missed on the Parkinson show. BUT, his recovery was a true lesson in cool, calm, class! One of my fave performers of all time.

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
I only know of one person who can do it consistently and with the same seeming ease that Canasta displayed.

The concept is simple. The refinements, nuances and subtleties are complex.

- entity
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
2619 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-10-14 17:08, entity wrote:
I only know of one person who can do it consistently and with the same seeming ease that Canasta displayed.

The concept is simple. The refinements, nuances and subtleties are complex.

- entity

entity,

Absolutely so -- and if you know someone who can do so consistently, you know one more than I do. A method easily described but rarely mastered.
Dick Christian
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
I can't do the original (my eyes don't work well enough anymore for one thing), but have a slightly dumbed down version that does pretty well. There's only one trade off, and it's minor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Canasta Book Test (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL