The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Parakeet Vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
I'm looking for a parakeet vanish with minimal props. I also have to be able to use it alone.

I don't use the devil's hank because I use it elsewhere in the act. Also, the bird tends to climb out of it.

The same thing happens with a modified dove to silk sensation. I prefer transforming the parakeet into a silk.
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
I do doves and at one point I did a parakeet in the show. I used to vanish it with a modified topit in my jacket. Just practice with a sock.
Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
Can't the parakeet climb out?
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
I ditch him in my tails... he doesn't climb out
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Think along the lines of a toppit that attaches with magnet and closes with magnet.
Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
Quote:
On 2003-07-14 13:28, g0thike wrote:
Think along the lines of a toppit that attaches with magnet and closes with magnet.

So.... how would it open easily?
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1600 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
When a parakeet is vanished, or hidden prior to an appearance, how do you keep him from chirping (or whatever the terminology is for Parakeets singing)?

I've never used my red-rumped parakeet in my magic, but if I did, that would be my main concern. He does like to chirp.

Brian
taddo
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of taddo
Check out Dave Womach's Bird Magic vol 2 video. He has a cool vanish in there.

taddo
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
452 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
You can find a very clean, and easy parakeet vanish on video two, of "Secrets of Bird Magic"

http://www.MagicalBirds.com

Thanks for the review on the video taddo!

Dave
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
880 Posts

Profile of sperris
I sleeve mine in a vanish and it looks great. Try sleeving it, it'll just crawl up in there and just like hang out until you cup your hand to ditch it later......at least mine does.

Sperris
DANSPERRY.COM
zaubern
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, Wa
335 Posts

Profile of zaubern
Thumb tip? I am kidding....
Zaubern Smile
Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
Where can I find the "Secrets of Magic" videos?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22771 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
How about using a paper brown sack. Place bird in bag, twist the opening. Tear the bottom or use a blank gun to blow the bottom out. The bird is gone.
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
452 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
I've received a bunch of emails lately about the secrets of bird magic videos. Unfortunately I have discontinued them temporarily. I'm on a ship for so long, that it's difficult to get them duplicated and sent out. I am in the process of creating some new parakeet effects, which should be on the market within 6 months. Keep your eyes open to MAGIC Magazine. More later.

Dave
Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
Okay, does anyone out here have a copy of Dave's videos they would like to sell?
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
880 Posts

Profile of sperris
Hi Anthony, I have a foulard I used to use when I did the standard OLEC but it's not a devil's cloth. It is a Pat Page idea I think. I'm not good at explaining things but here's what it looks like.

Black cloth is draped over your open left hand. Parakeet is in your right hand. You place the parakeet onto the cloth and palm of your open left hand and close it over the bird and turn it over. "make a magical gesture". Then you can grab one of the corners and snap the cloth down and open spin it around whatever you want and the bird is gone. Its safe, does no harm to the bird, and is really easy. Mine is black and has satin purple border about an inch wide. I'd be willing to part with it, just PM me.

sperris
DANSPERRY.COM
Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
No one has the videos?
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3430 Posts

Profile of Julie
Abbott's usedd to make a special little silk-cabby type box specifically designed to vanish a canary...
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7401 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Julie is right on the money. I don't think Abbott's still make the props but it was like a silk cabby only bigger.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Salazar- did you try Steven's Magic Emporium in Wichita Kansas? I know they carried the videos... I would recommend Dave's method... Both are great videos!

Bryan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Parakeet Vanish (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL