The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rope through Boy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
There is an effect by David Ginn in his book 'Kid Biz' called "Ropes through a Boy".

It calls for a square knot to be tied in the ropes at the front? I have been using the same knot as Mark Wilson uses in his book for the Great Coat Escape though...

Can someone clarify if I am correctly doing this move or is there a better or different way?

Thanks. - Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Nicodemus:

I believe you're doing it correctly. I opened up my copy of Kidbiz and read the description, and I think David explained it wrong. I've never heard of a square knot being used in the ropes through the body - David's description makes it sound like you use both ropes in the knot too. So, I think he just glossed over the description and got confused.

I've always seen it done via the same way as in the Mark Wilson Course - it looks very magical, so regardless, I'd keep doing it as you are.

Ron Reid
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Thank you Ron !

My mind is at ease again.

Regards, - Nicodemus Smile
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rope through Boy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL