The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Rocky Racoon Launch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SawyerBullock
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of SawyerBullock
I am looking at creating a system to launch my Rocky Raccoon similar to how David Williamson does it in his stage act. I was wondering if there is something about this subject published, or if somebody has created something themselves and is willing to share. Thanks for the help.
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1035 Posts

Profile of bsears
Please describe said launch.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1446 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Hi Sawyer,

This is probably WAYYYYY more power then you need! Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lfytYKce......embedded
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
You can make a slingshot style launch with a large diameter PVC pipe, surgical tubing, a smaller diameter PVC cap, and eye bolt and a cotter pin...

Just drill two holes in the end of the tube across from each other (do the same to the PVC cap). Insert the surgical tubing through the hole in the larger tube, through both holes of the cap, and back out the other hole on the large tube.Tie off a large knot to keep it secure. You should now have a sling shot with the cap to launch the payload and the tube acting as the ends to give you tension on the surgical tubing. Drill a hole in the cap and secure the eye-bolt with the "eye" portion on the "top" of the cap. You can secure the cotter pin through the eye-bolt on the outside of whatever you are using (In Williamson's case- the Animal Carrier). Once the cotter pin is removed, it allows the cap to launch the item through the PVC pipe like a slingshot...

Hope this helps... Maybe I'll throw together some drawings for you.

~Bryan
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1035 Posts

Profile of bsears
Plans for an air powered cannon (like a confetti cannon) using compressed air can be found easily online.
sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
I would think that you are over-engineering this if you go with an air cannon.

Keep it simple. That way you don't have to worry about co2, etc.... just cock the launcher, load the animal, and do your show.

Slingshot
or a spring (like in a toy gun??)

look at this thread.... there is a diagram about halfway down by "crazyjeeper"
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1607 Posts

Profile of Futureal
My internal ethics prompt me to say that it's not that it's your idea to copy the routine, but, regardless of that, Williamson's thing is EXTREMELY low-tech.
sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
I don't know what happened to my link to the thread I am talking about..... And I can't find it again...

sorry

Low Tech is always the way to go!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Rocky Racoon Launch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL