The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg and Oriley » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2304 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Quote:
On 2010-10-16 17:33, Dennis Michael wrote:
Didn't they all walk off when Obama was on their show?

That was a joke, right?

Quote:
On 2010-10-16 17:35, MagicSanta wrote:
Hey, NJ doesn't even realize that to the rest of the country they are comedy entertainment just by being themselves.

Hey, I resemble that remark! Smile

Have you ever been to NJ Santa? Let me tell you, it is a beautiful state! My wife grew up in Ohio and believed all the negative things she heard about New Jersey, until she met me! Now, she loves New Jersey and loves where she lives.

Go Phillies!
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I have absolutely no desire to go to New Jersey, no reason to go. I'm sure it is a beautiful place, it is the people I wish to avoid. Do you have a website? I want to see if you are another of the number one magicians in New Jersey.

Go giants!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Santa
I have worked with Ken during a very dufficult NBA opening night basketball game, there are very many good magician in New Jersey, and I have only seen a few dozen of them work, but my friend Ken is easily in the top ten of all the magicians in New Jersey.

GO PHILLIES
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I've yet to see a website there not claiming to be number one, I didn't question his abilities what so ever. Game is starting. Good news for you Philly fans, my giants let me down all the time.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Santa...

I think Bostonians would be shocked to hear you suggest they are in any way like New Yorkers.

The whole thing is silly. Orielly has always been only half a step beyond a talk radio whacko (and in case you think Im being partisan let me say that I lived in Santa Cruise for years and have heard quite a few left wing whackos, too). The two women should have known exactly what they were in for.

A tempest in a teapot, and nutty teas never appealed to me.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Santa
Even though both Bruce Springstein, and David Copperfield are from New Jersey, plus sometimes I vacation in New Jersey we all make fun of New Jersey too. Where else would Jimmy Hoffa want to be burried? Everybody knows that the first Mall chick (teenaged girls with big hair) sighting was at the Cherry Hill Mall some time in the late 80's?
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Hey!

I was the Second Greatest Magician in the Midwest! It said so on my performing trunk!

Pretty easy, actually, when everyone else claims to be number one Smile
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-10-16 21:18, Cyberqat wrote:
Orielly has always been only half a step beyond a talk radio whacko

I think there are a couple of steps between O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh/Sean Hannitty.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Santa Cruise? Hippy...Cruz. I don't think I said Bostonians are like those from the zone of hate. I like Boston. I've hung in the cape and insulted New Yorkers with the wifes relatives.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
So bizarre. Everyone should have to go to law school, or at least take a basic logic class.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5023 Posts

Profile of landmark
Someone making that statement about white cops in the context of a discussion about race relations would be making a statement s/he believed was true of most white cops in LA at the time. Wouldn't you agree?

So why else do you think that O'Reilly brought up the fact that they were all Muslim?

A more pertinent observation would have been that all of them were Saudis--but that might have taken Bill to places he was afraid to go.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2010-10-17 00:33, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-17 00:18, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-17 00:10, rockwall wrote:
What? You mean that it WASN'T Muslims that flew the planes into the world trade center??? Wow, why hadn't I heard that before? Someone point me to the link where it proves they were mormons, or christians, or jews, or whatever they were. I'm an inquiring mind and I wanna know.

No, you're right. It was Muslims. Just like it is Christians who shoot doctors, and protest against and pray for the deaths of American soldiers (think Westboro Baptist Church).

If you are going to single out and paint one group with one brush, it is only fair to do the same for the others.

Except that the conversation that took place didn't pertain to those other observations (also except that AFAIK, there was a homogeneity among the pilots that doesn't exist in the groups you mentioned).

Sure, but I could easily narrow it down to a particular instance of any of the above, though. E.g., it was Christians who assassinated George Tiller on May 31, 2009. Just as it was Muslims who acted on 9/11.

Just out of curiosity, though, can you point out any examples of individuals who assassinated medical doctors in America in recent years who were NOT Christians?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
There isn't a theme that requires rejection of violence as there is in Islam. The estimate is 10% of Muslims are willing to commit acts of terror in support of their belief, around an additional 30 to 40 that support that stand, and hopeful the rest are your average Joe Islam who goes to mosque and doesn't want to bother anyone. To associate a group, not even representing a percentage or even a percentage of a percentage such as the Westboro Baptist Church to roughy a million ready to kill types is not even comparable. There are 71 members of the Westboro Baptist Church, that is a smidge bigger than the Manson Family was at its peak. I believe the number of murders associated with the abortion clinics is seven, a couple were doctors the rest workers or security, with an additional ten assaults. Bombings with death are a daily event in the Arab (read Muslim) countries without regard to victims.

So we have a million vs less than 100 individuals with the same level of commitment. Seems like a fair comparison.

I do not blame all Muslims or Muslims in general for the attacks but the vast majority remain silent which is, in absense of protest, support. I doubt you will find even a percentage of Christians, Jews, Athiest, Budhist, or Hindus if you combine them all that support the actions of the Westboro Baptist Church.

Your comparisons are not fair, accurate, nor does it make sense.

Oh, I do have inlaws, Palastinians, who believe that the pilots of the planes on 9/11 were Mossad agents who with the help of the CIA murdered the Muslims accused and stole their identities and flew the planes themselves.

Lastly on that View where they argue that it couldn't have been a Muslim thing because seventy were killed does anyone have any doubt the Muslim terrorist, and Islam is their cause, terrorist care of they kill other Muslims?
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2010-10-17 00:49, MagicSanta wrote:

There isn't a theme that requires rejection of violence as there is in Islam. The estimate is 10% of Muslims are willing to commit acts of terror in support of their belief, around an additional 30 to 40 that support that stand, and hopeful the rest are your average Joe Islam who goes to mosque and doesn't want to bother anyone. To associate a group, not even representing a percentage or even a percentage of a percentage such as the Westboro Baptist Church to roughy a million ready to kill types is not even comparable. There are 71 members of the Westboro Baptist Church, that is a smidge bigger than the Manson Family was at its peak. I believe the number of murders associated with the abortion clinics is seven, a couple were doctors the rest workers or security, with an additional ten assaults. Bombings with death are a daily event in the Arab (read Muslim) countries without regard to victims.

So we have a million vs less than 100 individuals with the same level of commitment. Seems like a fair comparison.

Santa, I could bring up MANY other examples. But if I did, I'm sure the thread would be deleted very quickly. The Westboro and doctor assassination examples were just the most obvious ones to cite.

And I have to wonder who compiled those statistics you referenced.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Balducci, I think if you asked most crips and bloods what religion they were they would say Christian, are you going to say that they are thus Christian gangs?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-10-17 00:47, landmark wrote:
Someone making that statement about white cops in the context of a discussion about race relations would be making a statement s/he believed was true of most white cops in LA at the time. Wouldn't you agree?

Actually, I would not agree with this. It might be true, but I could certainly think of other reasons. For example, it might be a reasonable way to make a point about people's perceptions and the importance of diversity on the police force.

Quote:
So why else do you think that O'Reilly brought up the fact that they were all Muslim?

To make an obvious point about why some people might have a problem with a mosque in that particular location.

Quote:
A more pertinent observation would have been that all of them were Saudis--but that might have taken Bill to places he was afraid to go.

I think that would be less pertinent; the discussion was about a mosque, which is specific to Muslims, not Saudis. Obviously, from a rhetorical standpoint from the liberal side, it might be useful, but it wouldn't be more pertinent. The pertinent counterpoint would have been that he was talking about a handful of people among a religion with a billion or so adherents.

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2010-10-17 00:54, MagicSanta wrote:
Balducci, I think if you asked most crips and bloods what religion they were they would say Christian, are you going to say that they are thus Christian gangs?

Of course not. Just as it is not appropriate to tar all Muslims with the same brush for 9/11. It seems you agree with me. Thank you.

As I recall, even George Bush publicly stated post-9/11 that Islam is a religion of peace.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
It is an estimate since most people who want to kill off folks don't cop to it. I think the number is higher in the middle East and I would also state with confidence there are more 'religious' Muslims in the US that are willing to commit acts of terror than 'religious' Christians.

People tend to come out with their big guns first, what next? You going to point out that most traffic tickets in the US are issued to Christians? I'll have you know I'm a godless heathen but if a form asks my religion I put down Christian because if they checked my background that is the one I was involved with.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-10-17 00:48, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-17 00:33, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-17 00:18, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-17 00:10, rockwall wrote:
What? You mean that it WASN'T Muslims that flew the planes into the world trade center??? Wow, why hadn't I heard that before? Someone point me to the link where it proves they were mormons, or christians, or jews, or whatever they were. I'm an inquiring mind and I wanna know.

No, you're right. It was Muslims. Just like it is Christians who shoot doctors, and protest against and pray for the deaths of American soldiers (think Westboro Baptist Church).

If you are going to single out and paint one group with one brush, it is only fair to do the same for the others.

Except that the conversation that took place didn't pertain to those other observations (also except that AFAIK, there was a homogeneity among the pilots that doesn't exist in the groups you mentioned).

Sure, but I could easily narrow it down to a particular instance of any of the above, though. E.g., it was Christians who assassinated George Tiller on May 31, 2009. Just as it was Muslims who acted on 9/11.

Just out of curiosity, though, can you point out any examples of individuals who assassinated medical doctors in America in recent years who were NOT Christians?

How about Nidal Hasan, at Fort Hood?

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
He was catering to them. Islam is at its nature a religion of war which has a followership that has a large number who do not wish to take part in a religious war. When Wahabism sects of Islam are changed from their path to one less radical, and Saudi Arabia who is the cradle of Wahabism, states they are attempting to change it then you know there is a problem.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg and Oriley » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL