We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Paper Pamphlet vs CD Pressbook (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MuleePete
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of MuleePete
Does anyone hand out a PowerPoint CD with info instead of paper?

Any ideas about the use of CD's when approaching potential clients.

Perhaps a 1/3rd sheet of bullet points, along with the 1 min presentation on the CD?

MP
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
I would never do that. People are busy (or at least they think they are) and the more simple you make things, the better.

Most of the time they won't even read your full packet. They will just skim through it and read it at another time. That is why it is so important to make a good first impression within a few seconds. They should only need to glance at your website, promo materials, etc and understand that you are a pro.
Davidicus
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1128 Posts

Profile of Davidicus
I will echo Benji. Not only do you want to have the information available for instant gratification, but it also increases the perceived value (think bound book vs pdf).
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
Those gentlemen are correct.
Don't make your potential clients work too hard to get your info or you will end up in the "to-do" pile which will eventually make it into the garbage can when your opportunity passes.
Davidicus
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1128 Posts

Profile of Davidicus
How much extra would it be to include BOTH? This way you increase your perceived value, and cover 2 types of learning. PLUS, they can later show it to peers getting your name out...
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1134 Posts

Profile of Eldon
I'm with Benji. I think that is why a lot of agents ask for a one page one side flyer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Paper Pamphlet vs CD Pressbook (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL