The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Two great gigs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I just had two REALLY great gigs.

The first was in a small office with about 30 people where they were having a soup kitchen. The guy who hired me wanted me to rove amongst the crowd doing closeup for an hour. But when I got there everyone was cramp into the break room and they were all sitting around the sides of the tiny room. I.e. everyone could see every routine. Amazingly, I kept the entire room's attention with just close up magic for well over an hour, ending in my bill to lemon routine where I got my first CLOSE UP standing ovation!!!

The second gig was at a rough football club for a 21st birthday. (i.e. a VERY tough crowd). They loved it and the manager of the club held me up in the reception for 45 minutes doing tricks for every second person who came in. He said..."Do A Trick For This Guy....He'll love it". Then when I was done, he'd say "Now give him a business card" I handed out 30 business cards!!!

I don't mean to brag but none of my friends or family get how great it feels and the buzz you get from a GREAT gig (let alone two in a row!)

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Two great gigs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL