The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Night of the Living Dead (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
How many of you were happy that the zombies got that guy at the start of the movie? I was....too bad they didn't get the sister too.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Saw part of this flick very early this morning. They finally did get the sister. Heck of an ending. Seems they showed some scenes I don't recall when it was released back in the 60s.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Cool movie, has it's flaws but the ending is great and surprising.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Quote:
On 2010-10-19 17:16, MagicSanta wrote:
Cool movie, has it's flaws but the ending is great and surprising.

As bad as some of the acting was It's still a favorite. I prefer the slower zombies over the 'new' super fast ones. They showed more of the daughter eating mommy than I recall. Great ending and to have an African-American in the role made it ahead of it's time for me.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Yeah...the zombies were, for the most part, pretty clean too.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I saw it in a drive in movie theater, and we left very early, it wasn't scary it was just disgusting. A horror movie that takes place in Pittsburg, Pa. is a joke, but I do annually attend the Blob festival weekend every year in Phoenixville, Pa., now there is a scary movie that I watch every year at the Phoenixville theater.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
I rather like "Night of the Comet." I would have loved to be in the room for that pitch... "Its Night of the living Dead... meets Valley Girl."
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Y'all know there are three versions of this movie (so far)? One original, and two remakes. How many have YOU seen? (Rhetorical question, no need to answer.) And yet another re-imagining or remake due out next year.

# Night of the Living Dead, a 1968 horror film.
# Night of the Living Dead (1990 film), a remake of the 1968 film.
# Night of the Living Dead 3D, a 2006 remake of the 1968 film.
# "Night of the Living Dead: Origins 3D" (2011)

I think I've seen the original and the 2006 remake.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I've seen the first two. Right now I'm in a Friday the 13th marathon (they couldn't get pretty girls for those movies?). The Blob was the first horror film I ever saw at a theater.

If you get a chance to see Undead or Alive it is a very funny zombie western.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3043 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
I went to see the original a long time ago with my cousin and two of her girl friends. We'd bought a tub of popcorn and my cousin was holding it, when suddenly it went up in the air during one of the scenes, spilling a bunch all over us. At which point I decided to become The Holder of the Tub.

On the way home, being a sicko, I thought it would have been cool to take some chicken wings to the theater with us and see what the nearby customers would do as we ate them.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Nice! Back when The Excercist came out I took a number of girls to the drive in (the drive in is still in San Jose and operating!) to see it....I was brave, they were scared, great combination.

I wasn't around in the early 80s so this is my first time watching Friday the 13th and it is confusing as hell. Different guys as the killer, bunch of dopey kids, canoes flipping over all over the place....I'm more of a Halloween movies guy I think.
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Quote:
On 2010-10-19 22:34, MagicSanta wrote:

I wasn't around in the early 80s so this is my first time watching Friday the 13th and it is confusing as hell.

You were not around in the early 80's?
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Micheal
It is not a smart idea to remind Santa of his years in the mental institution.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I was overseas most of the time and when in port we didn't have a theater anywhere near us. That is why I am completely lost when people mention movies, TV, or music of that period (not so much music since they listened to the same stuff over seas as they do here).

I just gave up on Halloween Four....the teens were too obnoxious for me to handle any longer and...wait....I may put it back on just to see them get killed.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2010-10-19 18:51, balducci wrote:
# Night of the Living Dead 3D, a 2006 remake of the 1968 film.

This movie has "Captain Spaulding," Sid Haig, in a smallish role.
They played it up like he was the star on dvd boxes and such, but he was only in it a short time.
The 1990 remake was directed by Tom Savini. Tom Savini did the make up effects for the George Romero original. He is also one badazz dude. He is an expert in various martial arts and also with a bullwhip. One thing that bugs me about CGI is that brilliant make up and prosthetic work is getting so much rarer.
The original was simply groundbreaking. Romero is one of my all time favorite directors. "City of the Dead" was kind of meh, but he's really made a return with "Diary of the Dead" and "Survival of the Dead." He's showing all the young upstarts what a great zombie movie should be.

Sorry if this was long winded, I loooooove zombie movies.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Zombies are cool, they don't have abs, they eat' em!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I don't know... "The Situation" might be a zombie.
Another thing I liked about NOTLD3D is that they kept that iconic opening scene pretty close to the original.
"They're coming to get you Barbara!"
~Will Rogers
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
Back when The Excercist came out...

What's an Exercist?? Chasing Satan on a treadmill??

Quote:
On 2010-10-20 00:38, MagicSanta wrote:
Zombies are cool, they don't have abs...

That's 'cause they don't have an Exercist.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2010-10-20 10:18, Michael Baker wrote:
Quote:
Back when The Excercist came out...

What's an Exercist?? Chasing Satan on a treadmill??

"Out, foul lipids! Get thee back into the cookie jar from whence ye' came! The power of Jillian compels you! We are strong in the Bob and the power of his might! In the name of the Tae Bo, the Zumba, and the holy Simmons!"

Man, this is some good tea.
~Will Rogers
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I never sat through "Night of the Living Dead." I DID see "Dawn of the Dead" when it came out in theaters. As the lights came up, someone in the back of the theater screamed and I thought; "Oh, someone got goosed." Then as we left the theater, I saw the ushers had all put on zombie make-up and that was the first thing the girl who left first saw.

I like Zoe's line in "Left 4 Dead;" "They's so fast. They're not supposed to be that fast! I'm calling zombie &#**#&@# on that!"
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Night of the Living Dead (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL