The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Iceman Cometh...Card mold? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

purpulhaze
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of purpulhaze
I have an Ammar book and there is an effect in there called Iceman Cometh. My question is this, where can I find something to freeze the card in that's the same size as the card box? Speaking of ice, does anyone also know where I can get molds for making ice cube card symbols? I'm pretty sure someone uses these things for their effects. I would greatly appreciate anyone's help with this.
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1280 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Not sure where you could buy a mold, but you could try putting plastic wrap into an old card box (thus making it water proof) and fill it with water then put it in the freezer.
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2574 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
First, I'm sure Ammar suggests something. However, the plastic cases used to hold decks of game cards should work.

s
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
Yes, I used a plastic card case and it worked nicely.

Jakks
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I don't know if this is exactly what you are looking for, but here are some soap molds in the shapes of playing cards and pips. These could probably be used like flexible ice trays. The pips on the cards could probably even be colored if you froze the cards in two steps.

http://goplanetearth.com/soapmolds_pg5.htm

Also, here are some playing card bowls that are sort of large, but that could probably be used to freeze water.

http://www.wdrake.com/shop/product.cfm?i......D=279014

Hope this helps,

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
BlakeBlair
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny So. California
111 Posts

Profile of BlakeBlair
Wow, those soap mold seem pretty cool///

Im already thinking of a trick to do with those... and they're CHEAP!

Thanks AMOS! Good idea.

bb Smile
FuFanu.. Two Cards Torn & Restored...

Are You Ready ?! Its here !!
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Never underestimate the power of heavy duty aluminum foil as a "mold making compound" on your card box.

Also, for fun, and to allow for any melt, if you fill it half way, and tilt it on a sausage in the freezer, then add the prop, and more water, it freezes in a diagonal position. When removed from the aluminum, dip into warm water for a couple seconds. You can even "trim" the ice to fit with a bit of warm water, and pop back into the freezer in a plastic bag to keep things ready till you need them. Remember, if there is little to no surface moisture on the ice, you will stick to it!
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
jcvelbar
View Profile
New user
South Florida
50 Posts

Profile of jcvelbar
Many candy stores have candy molds in the shape of pips that would work well in the freezer too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Iceman Cometh...Card mold? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL