The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Hypno-Mental Self-Working Card Tricks by Paul Voodini (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
756 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
Anyone have this ebook and care to comment on it? I will post this down in the sleepy section to see if they have checked this out.

Thanks
Rebecca_Harris
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Rebecca_Harris
I've not seen this particular book but anything that Paul writes is usually very good and well worth a look.
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
756 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
It's only 15 bucks, so I guess it is not a big risk. Thanks for your thoughts Rebecca.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
It's funny that you should mention this, I was just thinking about buying it myself. I have "paranormal entertainer" (very good) and Reader of minds (good but not my style) and I just recently bought "murder most foul" (awesome_) and the "Jack the Ripper seance" (so far so excellent!)

I have no doubt that this book will be wonderful and I will probably buy it in a week or two for sure.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
756 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
I will probably pick this up in a week or so myself. Let me know your thoughts Seadog and I will let you know mine when I get it. I was just going back to study Reversed Gestalt Moment and was thinking about other simple card effects that can be turned into Hypnosis type demonstrations.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I was disappointed with this booklet. the first effect was little more than getting a marked deck and reading their card selection.
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Was that the effect or the method? Not trying to be pedantic (I don't need to try Smile) but maybe Paul had dressed this method in an interesting and original presentation?
I've not read any of Paul's material so have no opinion either way.
T.
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Quote:
On 2013-11-24 00:31, 1KJ wrote:
I was disappointed with this booklet. the first effect was little more than getting a marked deck and reading their card selection.

Wow, way to overlook a great routine. Going by your other posts you were just looking for more tricks. I'm not trying to slam you at all, doing tricks is all good and fun, I do quite a few myself. But Paul's books offer more than just tricks, you can use his work to really affect, connect, and make an impact on your spectators.

The first effect you mention in particular gave me an inspiration. I combined it with some of Paul's other work along with an idea to do with dreaming and made into something some people think is even more amazing (or more creepy Smile ) than reading their mind.

Quote:
On 2013-11-24 03:33, Simon (Ted) Edwards wrote:
maybe Paul had dressed this method in an interesting and original presentation?
T.

Yes he has.
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
396 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
Pauls books are not about the tricks, though he also has some good stuff there too, I'd more see them like Banachecks psychologically subtleties.
An inexperienced reader may think: what the heck,I just spend money on this?
Experienced people get a lot of inspirations from it and it's worth reading it more than once.
Mr Timothy Gray
View Profile
Veteran user
Rue d'Auseil
364 Posts

Profile of Mr Timothy Gray
Psychic Aces is honestly one of the most powerful routines I've ever performed.

If you're thinking like a magician, none of this will seem impressive.
Yr. Obdt. Svt.,
Mr Timothy Gray

Specializing in the Occult Arts of Fortune Telling, Magic & Mediumship; Est. 1986
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
I will get it for sure!!! =D
Danyel
View Profile
Loyal user
Italy
293 Posts

Profile of Danyel
The very first effect is **the single thing** I have done with a deck of cards that has impressed the most my man-in-the-know, the person who helps me to develop my presentations.
Clearly, it was wrapped in ten minutes discussion -before, and after.
Clearly, this is REAL.

Unless you reason like this it is of no use, for you.
'People who lean on logic and philosophy and rational exposition
end by starving the best part of the mind' -William Butler Yeats
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Thanks for the kind words guys, I guess I can be an acquired taste! Smile

Anyway, for those interested, the PDF in question is here: http://www.readerofminds.co.uk/hypno-mental_18.html
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
storm01
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of storm01
In depth description of easy tricks which leave all to the presentation. Excellent value for money
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Hypno-Mental Self-Working Card Tricks by Paul Voodini (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL