The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Queen of Hearts Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
The Queen of Hearts Illusion is my latest project, among others.

About a year ago I saw a video on YouTube of a man performing this illusion and we were looking for a series of illusion to put together an Alice in Wonderland themed birthday party show. We searched for this illusion and only found it named in a few out of date magic auction sites. We asked Paul Gross of Hocus Pocus Magic if he could find one for us. Paul quickly found one and sent it our way. (Thank you Paul!) It is my understanding that this illusion hasn’t been available for many years and is very hard to find.

The original card frame is cardstock and I wanted to make this illusion bigger so I recreated it in wood. Danielle performed The Queen of Hearts illusion for about 25 kids today for a birthday party and they loved it. Her patter was very good and was appropriately themed. The pictures below are the illusion in sequence in how it is performed. The first two photos are of construction.

Here is our daughter with the birthday girl and her younger sister who wanted to take a picture with “Alice” after the show.

~ Dan
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Very nice!
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
Beautiful!
Tim Silver - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Woodshop/122578214436546

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11157 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
The detail on the frame is outstanding!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
sobrien
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of sobrien
Awesome work would you like to make and sell one?
chill
View Profile
Veteran user
colorado, usa
371 Posts

Profile of chill
Beautiful prop!
I spent most of my money on magic and women, the rest i just wasted
MuleePete
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of MuleePete
Creating one's own props is very rewarding. This is an outstanding example of craftsmanship.

I also PM'ed you.

MuleePete
MrPrestoHypno
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of MrPrestoHypno
That is an awesome show piece! Nice work.
dwitten13
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of dwitten13
Great Looking Illusion! Very cool!
The Magic of D. W.
www.dwmagic.org
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16927 Posts

Profile of joseph
Very nice...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
That is awesome .. thanks for sharing. I really enjoy seeing the start to finish pics.

Excellent work ...

Steve
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Thank you for the nice words. I put a lot of time and thought into building illusions and it is truly a labor of love. The Queen of Hearts Illusion isn’t mine and the only resource I have found are a couple of expired web pages of sites that used to sell it and a YouTube video with Café member Adam Milestone performing it. I have only built magic illusions and props for personal use. I have a few original designs that I may consider building for others in the future when I have time.

Dan
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21786 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Would you care to share the effect with us, it looks like a Zig-Zag Card effect, is that so (?) for thosse of us not in the know.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Love it!!! Enjoyed the pictures. Keep up the good work!!
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Quote:
On 2010-10-26 14:39, wmhegbli wrote:
Would you care to share the effect with us, it looks like a Zig-Zag Card effect, is that so (?) for thosse of us not in the know.

A video is worth a thousand words.
This is a link of the video I found on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8fm0X2SnmE

We will put a video up of my version when we have a good one. So far, I only have photo's.

Dan
TheRaven
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheRaven
Superb atristry in construction.
majik_1
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of majik_1
Nice job, how long did it take to build?
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Quote:
On 2010-10-29 11:51, majik_1 wrote:
Nice job, how long did it take to build?

Not including picking out and buying material, I worked a long weekend and a few hours after work for a week. It took another week to paint and assemble everything.

Dan
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Servante
Great job! I've got the original card stock version and have used it multiple times over many years. Still holds up, but I can see where it would play better in the more permanent form you've put together!

-Philip
DeWayne
View Profile
Veteran user
Greencastle, PA
356 Posts

Profile of DeWayne
Dan,

You're work on this is inspirational. Really! Wow! Thanks for sharing your work.

DeWayne
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Queen of Hearts Illusion (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL