We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Illusion re-enforcing the idea of “SWOP” analysis. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ilan
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
194 Posts

Profile of Ilan
Hi everyone

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes.

Please will you help with some ideas of how to put the concept of SWOT Analysis into an effect. the effect can be anything from close-up to small platform.

Many thanks

Ilan
If you can't laugh at yourself, you are obviously not getting the joke
Ilan
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
194 Posts

Profile of Ilan
Sorry I was referring to SWOT Analysis
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Do you mean using SWOT to reflect on your magic? Or integrating SWOT as the presentation for an effect?
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
My opinion is that almost any effect can fit almost any theme if you script it correctly. This is especially the case for something so broad and comprehensive as an SWOT analysis.
Pick something you know then work the script.
Determine what you want to teach, understand the needs of your client, then put it all together. OK easier said and done but this is more about communication and knowledge transfer than magic.
Ilan
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
194 Posts

Profile of Ilan
Thanks for the messages.

I like the idea that it is more about the information than the effect. However some effects work better than others.
I am looking for something to change the "S" to the "Strengths", "W" and so on…
Hope this helps.
Thanks
Ilan
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
Oh, I see. That`s way too specific for my tastes. I prefer to say with what I know best and is proven in front of an audience. Customization does not have to mean changing actual effects.

Take a standard pick-a-card, find-a-card routine (I don`t do these but this is just for example). Describe your own S&W`s and how you developed and or overcame them to develop the skill that you are using. Explain the O&T`s involved with performing such an effect and build up some suspense for what you are doing. Alternatively, do some research and consulting with the company and illustrate a SWOT for their company and illustrate using the effect. (not sure on what your intentions are)

I don`t like re-creating the wheel. Do what works and use your skills in presentation to adapt your performance.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Illusion re-enforcing the idea of “SWOP” analysis. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL