The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My Trip Across the U.S. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
So I drove coast to coast last year and filmed segments for my web site all over the place. 7,000 miles and 22 states in 20 days. If anyone is interested at taking a look at any of the videos (and more are coming,) feel free to take a look and enjoy. Some highlights include a corn maze in Indiana, a hot air balloon festival in New Mexico, a blacksmith shop in West Virginia, and some cars sticking out of the ground in Texas.

I found it amazing what variety the U.S. has. Living in the UK now, it's amazing how similar things look. It makes you realize how large the states are in comparison to this tiny little island.

That said, check out the link and let my travels inspire you!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Andrewzuber
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
What would you say is the common denominator in all the places and with all the people you've met and you've been to?
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I think it's that everyone has an interesting story to tell, and every place has something unique to see. Those little towns you drive through on the interstate may seem dull, but if you stop and take a look around you'll be surprised at what you can find. We also found people to be very friendly when they heard that we wanted to talk with them for these segments. It's amazing what kind of access you can get (and often free stuff!) when you approach someone and you're holding $15,000 worth of camera equipment.

We also discovered a bit of a domino effect. We'd talk with one person and they would say, "Oh you think I'M interesting, you should go talk to THAT guy!" One thing continued to lead to another. It was really an amazing experience.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Great to hear that!

Soon I will be travelling to America, maybe go on a road trip like that.

Thanks! Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2010-10-26 09:25, Andrewzuber wrote:
So I drove coast to coast last year and filmed segments for my web site all over the place. 7,000 miles and 22 states in 20 days. If anyone is interested at taking a look at any of the videos (and more are coming,) feel free to take a look and enjoy. Some highlights include a corn maze in Indiana, a hot air balloon festival in New Mexico, a blacksmith shop in West Virginia, and some cars sticking out of the ground in Texas.

I found it amazing what variety the U.S. has. Living in the UK now, it's amazing how similar things look. It makes you realize how large the states are in comparison to this tiny little island.

That said, check out the link and let my travels inspire you!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Andrewzuber

I have very dim memories of traveling from Va. to Calif. back in the 60's. Of course, I was under ten at the time. Four of us in a red Mustang.

I remember someone put a short subject on HBO (back when HBO would run short subjects, if the film ran short) using time-lapse photography to travel from Chicago to San Diego in just under 7 minutes.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Wow! I bet that was interesting. I did a 17-minute time lapse driving down to L.A. once, but it was only about 20 miles or so, and I sped it up. It still looked interesting I thought.

Interesting enough Ed, my producer Laura has been to all but three states - Alaska, Hawaii, and you guess it...Rhode Island. Wish we could have hit it on this trip so she could have crossed it off the list but even getting to New York was an extension of the original schedule. I'm just proud to have said I've driven from coast to coast. I wouldn't let her drive (not that she minded) so that I could say I had done it. Sometimes I'm childish like that Smile
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I hope she can get to RI just to cross it off her list. Other than that, meh, she hasn't missed a lot.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My Trip Across the U.S. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL