The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Memorized stack in mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
joemcdull
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of joemcdull
I am planning to memorize a stack for mentalism, Mnemonica is one of my consideration, but I really love Paul Vigil HCE which I believe may bring even more advantage to perform if I memorize it. What do you guys think about memorizing a stack like HCE?
wanda&viktor
View Profile
New user
France
84 Posts

Profile of wanda&viktor
Yes HCE is wonderful on stage , but if you have a stack (why not 2 ) like Nikola or Si Stebbins you can have a "all-terrain" tool. I think we should have both.
French Mind reading and mentalism act.
Tarot readers.
https://www.mentalistes.fr
https://visiomentalisme.fr
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Joe, what exactly is an HCE stack?

Do you have the HCE effect??

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Mmmh...

Is there another thief here???

MP
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
Personaly Richard Osterlind's Breakthrough Card System is to me the most useful stack ever created. You may also want to consider the REAL Si Stebbins not the one published in most magic books.
Just cause they say it, doesn't make it true.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On 2010-10-27 07:54, entermagic wrote:
Mmmh...

MP

Seems so... Other posts stating the same assumption have been deleted meanwhile so let's see how long yours and mine will reside! Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
paulvigil
View Profile
V.I.P.
268 Posts

Profile of paulvigil
Quote:
On 2010-10-27 07:54, entermagic wrote:
Mmmh...

MP

Yes, I believe so. I have no idea who joemcdull or wanda&viktor are.

Best bet for all these folks is to put down what is not theirs and hope to god I never see them performing my material.

So, joemcdull and wanda&viktor if you have material of mine you've gained it illegally--delete it immediately.

I'm seriously looking forward to the day I run into someone who's stolen my stuff. Most magicians are pussies and will do nothing about it. I plan on bringing the hammer down...

With love,

V
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hey Paul,

Make it a huge, heavy fooker! Take a whack for me too!

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
Quote:
Most magicians are pussies and will do nothing about it. I plan on bringing the hammer down...

I've seen big men brought down by little pussies! Now you have made your point can we get back to what the thread is really about? STACKED DECKS.
Just cause they say it, doesn't make it true.
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Quote:
On 2010-10-27 17:38, jdmagic357 wrote:

I've seen big men brought down by little pussies! Now you have made your point can we get back to what the thread is really about? STACKED DECKS.

Careful. Your ignorance is showing.

-rob
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
I'm Spartacus!!!!!!
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
wanda&viktor
View Profile
New user
France
84 Posts

Profile of wanda&viktor
Paul:
I never said I have , I said " I think we should have both". Sorry if I hurt you with my bad English.
Tarot readers.
paulvigil
View Profile
V.I.P.
268 Posts

Profile of paulvigil
Viktor,

Cool.

Wish you the best of luck with whatever you are involved in.

Sorry if I've been taken the wrong way also.

Sincerely,

V
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Quote:
On 2010-10-27 17:38, jdmagic357 wrote:
Quote:
Most magicians are p****** and will do nothing about it. I plan on bringing the hammer down...

I've seen big men brought down by little p******! Now you have made your point can we get back to what the thread is really about? STACKED DECKS.

Please calmly go back and read the first post and read Paul Vigil's response. This thread is NOT about stacked decks, friend. It's about whether the poster should use Mnemonica or use something that's no longer available and possibly stolen.

Paul said no, don't use his creation. HIS creation. I can't wait to see the hammer come down on anyone blatant enough to use a stolen idea after its creator, on an open forum, plainly said not to.

Some performers refuse to be encumbered with good morals. Like wild hogs tearing up cultivated soil, they disrespect and trample on every good thing they come in contact with. They take but they don't give.

Only fools don't understand if they steal enough, creators will be forced not to release their best secrets. Many already refuse to part with the ideas that would otherwise move our art forward. It's no exaggeration to write that the entire state of the Mystery Arts suffers and pays due of the sins of others. You have no idea what's been withdrawn from the market due to the mass selfishness of thieves.

Not that a thief cares about what he does to others. ("I'm just one person," the pig whines, "the creator already made his money from the release...")

I have given in to temptation and downloaded a book illegally before. I want to be honest about that. The fact I've done it once or twice makes no difference. When I point my finger, three fingers point back at me. (It can be easy to justify, can't it? "I'd buy it if it was available, but it was a limited release. What am I supposed to do?" Sound familiar?)

Sometimes it's all too easy to stumble upon free downloads even while looking for reviews. I've also found that a heavy conscience makes it hard to read and apply that stolen information. I even came across a stolen download link just yesterday while looking for a review about a limited release. For the first time in months I was tempted to download but I didn't do it. I love the creator and he's worth his wages. I also know when I perform with a clear conscience, I'm happier. So my practice is to reward creators by buying their material, encouraging them to release more.

Joemcdull didn't say he'd downloaded HCE or not. It's possible he hasn't read it and didn't know it wasn't available when he posted his question, so he may be completely innocent. Now that Paul has clarified how he feels, joemcdull has his answer: Mnemonica, or maybe even better, make your own stack with your favorite effects built in.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
wanda&viktor
View Profile
New user
France
84 Posts

Profile of wanda&viktor
No problem, I have a great respect for your work. We use a Nikola stack since 20 years in two persons telepathy act and I thougt help with our experience.
Tarot readers.
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
What I want to know is WHY was the first 2 posts in response to the OP written by myself and Rob Domenech deleted?

We simply questioned where Joe had purchased HCE from and 2 minutes later the mods had deleted both our posts?

Something to ponder......

Kam
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
There exists the possibility that people have jumped the gun.
I´m not going to get into a debate, but Joemcdull didn´t say he "has a copy" of the effect.

Perhaps he has seen a performance of the effect, and would like to know the "cons" before enquiring about purchasing?

like I said, that possibility exists, given the information available on this thread at the moment. Unless, of course the effect has never been performed in public, or recorded on video - something which is probably only known to Mr. Vigil himself, in which case I´d say just ignore this post and run and get your hammers.
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
joemcdull
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of joemcdull
Thanks Owen,I don't know people here are like this. New user here are thieves.
I don't have it but notice some of the secret by seeing the performance of it except the prediction at the end. I didn't want to reply when I see people leaving such comment. May be I should not figure out it's secret, and surly I should not post question unless it is a new product and waiting people to leave positive comments.
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Oh dear.......

Kam
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
There are a lot of authors and creators of effects registered here at the Café Joe. Understandably they are rather sensitive regarding the possible theft of their work. I imagine that had I paid $1000 for this effect I´d also be pretty ****ed off that someone else had managed to get an illegal copy free of charge. If you figure out the secret then I take my hat off to you sir.

Although I have never seen the effect performed, the pricing alone suggests to me that it is a most handsome routine, and has been well thought out. So well thought out and baffling that the creator has decided upon this price tag to keep the effect out of the hands of the "youtube" generation. I know another creator who prices his effects with exactly this idea in mind.

Out of curiosity Joe, where did you see the effect performed? It sounds like something I´d like to see, although I´m not a pro so like the advert states, it´s not for me.
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Memorized stack in mentalism (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL