The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Memorized stack in mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
Memorized deck, staked deck, gimmicked deck who cares keep you money and make a house payment instead.

Cheers.
Just cause they say it, doesn't make it true.
joemcdull
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of joemcdull
I think may be my bad English misleading you, Memorizing a deck is different from a stack, what I really mean is the as a mentalist Memorizing a deck is a must, rather than remembering a bcs/si stebbin, we can actually remembering something which may be used in other routine. However, after the above argument, I really don't want to leave more comment in this post, just think that it has already been off topic.
wanda&viktor
View Profile
New user
France
84 Posts

Profile of wanda&viktor
We think that a Mentalist must learn at least one stack even if it's only for training his brain. After it is clear that there is no good or bad ones.... just systems suits to you or not. There is a large choice....
French Mind reading and mentalism act.
Tarot readers.
https://www.mentalistes.fr
https://visiomentalisme.fr
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
I find it funny that HCE is being considered 'a stack'. A few weeks ago, I had an intensive session with Paul, where he taught me HCE. I don't want to get into how incredible it is right now, however I don't understand why this is being considered as a stacked deck routine? First of all the cards are being shuffled and mixed during the initial process. The other reason is that the effect achieved with HCE does go beyond that of any other Mentalism effect using cards.

The thinking, structure and overall performance of HCE is what justifies the price tag. It's a routine that can only be performed in front of a larger group of people, thus its only people performing in these environments who will really benefit from it.

I think that the larger price (not that big when you consider how much illusionists spend on a strong routine that will last 5 minutes... this is an entertaining routine which is so far lasting around 15 minutes for me. I can understand how it can last longer, I'm just not employing all of Paul's presentational ruses.) is completely justified by the impact the routine has on a larger audience of people.

If you're a performer looking for a routine where you are able to know specifically which cards most of your audience are thinking of... this is it!

Having performed it twice now since learning it, I can honestly say THIS routine is the reason I will be carrying a deck of cards with me now with regards to performing on stage.

People have said this else where, if you're not happy with the price, that's fine! Ignore this routine! There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I think the problem is that some people are making a big deal out of it. There really is no need. If you want to perform this routine in your stage show then you can justify this INVESTMENT. If you don't perform on stage anyway, there are lots of other things you'll benefit more from.

To be honest, if we were all performing the same stuff anyway, Mentalism would be pretty boring! I just wanted to clear up that this isn't a stacked deck routine Smile .

Col.
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
I carry and have carried a deck of cards in my pocket ever since I started learning magic back in 1969. Not because I'm a big fan of card tricks but because the public is. I understand what the poster is saying about working for a big audience but has one never heard of the "tossed out deck", "The invisible pack", and other such tricks that floor lay people in large stage environments?

Look idk if Paul's HCE is worth the money or not? Truth be told I don't care (sorry Paul). To me its just another card trick which in my opinion has limited use in mentalism anyway. Give me "ootw' or some other sensational trick like those others I have mentioned and let me keep my $1000 for my house payment.

jmnsho. Cheers.
Just cause they say it, doesn't make it true.
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
I totally agree, the real point is what you do with them and HOW !

I watched Docc Hilford close a show with routine using a deck of cards... it was the most entertaining 20minutes I've ever witnessed! But that's because it was him doing it!

It's totally up to the individual to decide what routines they enjoy doing! At that point, as long as it is entertaining, then go for it!

The point I'm making is that it really doesn't matter what the routine you do is, its how entertaining you make it.

Everyone is going to have their own preference for what material they want to perform them. In MY opinion 'tossed deck' and 'invisible deck' are great... HCE is astonishing!

But that is just my thoughts and I hope everyone thinks differently!

Col
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Memorized stack in mentalism (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL