The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Just The Cups? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

m@t
View Profile
Loyal user
London, UK www.MatthewLaskey.com
250 Posts

Profile of m@t
I was wondering how many of you have acts that you use on the street that only use the cups and balls such as gazzo's act, peter wardell etc.

I have seen magicians on the street who perform the cups and balls for a whole 12 mins and performers who have the cups and balls that feature for only around 3 mins.

How long is your c&b act and do you use it along with other tricks before?

Mat Smile
Great Scot
View Profile
New user
Bellows Falls, VT USA
58 Posts

Profile of Great Scot
I do my cups and balls along with soem other tricks both in my street show and Ren Faire Stage show.

I think it all depends on you and your audience. If you have a good c&b routine that lasts awhile and is entertaining, you can jsut do that.

I remeber Jim Cellini, the King of the Street Magicians, saying that you should pick 1-3 of your best tricks and start with that.

A problem that I have, along with ohters, i9s forgetting how transient the street audience is and that you need to refresh the audience in order to increase your hat. I.E., each audience has the potential to give you money, so the more audiences you entertain the more chances you have to get more cash.

Since audiences do change, you do not need a whole bunch of tricks to do.

Above all, you must be entertaining and the street is the best place to learn what works and what doesn't.
The Great Scot, Bardic Magician
Bringing Magic To People's Lives
http://www.greatscotmagic.com.
Stuart Joseph, 802-463-1954
Bellows Falls VT
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Just The Cups? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL