The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Best of Tenyo? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
baldguy
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of baldguy
For the past 23 years my opener has been a routine using a Foo can and a Tenyo Magic Milk Tumbler. Not sure if it's still available, but I had the foresight to stock up on them about 15 years ago. I'm good until I retire.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1914 Posts

Profile of Platt
Mystery China Box is one of the best. I feel like this one got forgotten because it was released the same year as Prison box. MCB is actually much more confounding And it's completely examinable.

http://www.tenyo.co.jp/magic_en/catalog/china.html
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1323 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
I have around 200 Tenyo Smile
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1914 Posts

Profile of Platt
So Angelo, when are they (or you) going to make a wooden Prison Box? I've been waiting since 2001. I'd like a wooden Mystery China Box too. That was a good year for Tenyo releases. Is it even physically possible to make these out of anything other than plastic? I'd pay quite a bit for either of these purely as collector pieces.

Also is the brilliant Out of Order still available? I lost mine. Didn't some F*%K F#%E rip off your thinking on that once?
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5675 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Yes, The year 2000 & 2001 saw some great TENYO props.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Ustaad,
the current products are also not bad . . I just got my Koornwinder car and it is simply great.

My favorite remains the blue crystal, as it is extreemly visual.

Andy
Cards never lie
dAvId tOnG
View Profile
Regular user
sInGaPoRe
179 Posts

Profile of dAvId tOnG
The Japanese version of Tenyo Zombie Ball is one of the best zombie ball I've seen. Very beautiful and made of super light chrome steel.

I love the leather version of the Wild Wallet too. The plastic one breaks easily.
Harlequin
View Profile
Special user
Melbourne, Australia
688 Posts

Profile of Harlequin
I performed anti-gravity rock for someone ages ago and they were convinced that it must use some sort of electrical method to float! Smile
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5675 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Andy, I agree the Koornwinder Car is an excellent prop.

Quote:
On 2007-01-28 22:40, Andy the cardician wrote:
My favorite remains the blue crystal, as it is extreemly visual.

Yes, the 'Blue Crystal' by Lubor Fiedler is one of the finest ONE-on-ONE props. You might like to checkout a few additional Tips & Routines on the BLUE CRYSTAL @ Angelo Carbone's site. I have been one of the contributors to this wonderful site.

Best,

Narendra

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1914 Posts

Profile of Platt
Is any part of Invisible Zone examinable. The pen? The box? Curious why so few retailers carry it.
GEMINI
View Profile
Regular user
WA, USA
194 Posts

Profile of GEMINI
The box can be examined (without the pen), but not the pen.

Sadly, the Invisible Zone has a rip off known as the Disappearing Pen.

- Sam
T. Eugene
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of T. Eugene
Do anybody has "Future Clock"? How good and deceptive is it?
I have found it for 35 dollars.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1323 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Future Clock is great, deceptive and examinable. What more could you ask for? Smile
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Is it true that only in Japan they have brass versions of many Tenyo items? I heard there are special collectible Tenyo pieces available only in Japan that are not plastic.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1360 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Magic Taizen was released in the US as "Master of Illusion". It is fantastic!
I also really like Funnel Vision, it looks awesome (when it doesn't get jammed)
The one I perform the most is invisible zone
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
Koornwinder Car gets my vote.
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
Almost forgot, the Gorilla Bar is nice.
jirwin517
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of jirwin517
I have about 60 effects, but can't seem to find mini-morphosis. I got a knock off copy out of china, but it was cheaply made. missing magnet, balls wouldn't stick etc. Still looking if anyone has a spare.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Quote:
On 2008-06-21 18:55, Roth wrote:
Is it true that only in Japan they have brass versions of many Tenyo items? I heard there are special collectible Tenyo pieces available only in Japan that are not plastic.

Really? I've never understood why Tenyo doesn't make a "professional" line of products for magicians. I think many magicians would be willing to pay the price for the higher quality versions made of wood and brass.

IMO, the "Invisible Zone" is one of the best Tenyo items ever, but I would never perform with it because it looks like a cheap plastic magic trick.

Derek Lever demonstrated many wonderful antique and relatively new magic props in his lecture at the IBM / SAM convention in Louisville. It was one of the highlights of the convention. I can't believe he shipped all of those fragile props overseas just for the lecture. One of them was Tenyo's jumbo Zig Zag Card effect. I wish that was still available.

Robert
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5474 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Crystal Cleaver and Prison Box are both brain squashers, that simply defy explanation.

I also wish Tenyo would put out a professional line of effects. However, The Trickery recently teamed up with Magic Wagon and put out their version of the Crystal Cleaver called Sword of the Ring. It's definitely not cheap, but the design and construction are top notch. The method is slightly different than Crystal Cleaver, but the effect is the same and the reactions are worth the price.

The Trickery also re-released their old Atomic Ball effect, which is very Tenyo-esque. It is a new version of the trick produced by Magic Wagon. This piece is also worth the price of admission.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Best of Tenyo? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL