The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Best of Tenyo? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Alex Ng
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
59 Posts

Profile of Alex Ng
Tenyo issued many very nice tricks which can only be found in local Japan, e.g. the Disney Series.

The best Tenyo product I own is the Tenyo Magic Mickey. The Mickey Mouse figure would help you to find the selected card. It would lighten up when you put it on the correct card and can examined immediately. The trick also includes a couple of Disney Character Cards for you to play this mental effect. It's so cute and I love it so much.
magic fett
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of magic fett
Plastic they may be but I just cant stop myself from gobbling these things up when I see them, thus I have become an avid Tenyo collector. I must say my absolute favorite that has yet to be mentioned its billscape.

The thing that has always intrigued me about Tenyo is that the secret is so diabolical it sometimes surpasses the effect.
Koji Takada
View Profile
Regular user
Tokyo, Japan
146 Posts

Profile of Koji Takada
One of the Disney series, "Magical Mirror" is also a good magic in Tenyo goods. This is a simple paddle trick, but one of Japanese magicians performs this trick with a Mickey doll. A good routine!
Unfortunately, this is out of stock in Tenyo, and even in Japan, it is difficult to find.

Koji
Kamal
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Kamal
Here's the definitive top 5:

1) Crystal Cleaver
2) Dynamic Coins
3) Burglar Ball
4) Unusual Suspects
5) Chameleon Silk
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
I think I'd agree with Dr K, but only because he has such fresh breath.

I think the worst Tenyo items at AntiGravity Rock, Mini-Morphosis and Blue Crystal.
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
Kamal
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Kamal
Yes, AntiGravity Rock is awful, closely followed by blue crystal, mini morphosis, oh no, and crazy spots.

I think if you owned every single item in the Tenyo range, half of them would be absolute winners, while the remaining half would fool blind freddy with new glasses.

Having said that, Tenyo on the whole has done a great deal for the proliferation of magic to newcomers.
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
Actually Dr K, I believe that the split is not exactly 50/50, but is closer to 48/52. Please check your maths in the future before making such posts.
Kamal
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Kamal
Ahh, my eight legged friend. I think you forgot to carry the 1. Remember: the formula is 2 to the power of 'n' -1.
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
Was that (2^n)-1 or 2^(n-1)?
Kamal
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Kamal
That was 2^(n-1) and you know it.....

A little known fact is that the circumference of the chameleon silk gimmick is equally proportionate to the cubic volume of the red ball in mini-morphosis, as well as the total surface area of the ring used in crystal cleaver.

I'm starting to think these guys at Tenyo spend way to much time on thier computers to come up with these ideas.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
My favorite was the Tenyo Rope Trick which I think was called One to One. I bought it for $5 years ago and never used it it because it was next to worthless as an effect. I Then sold it on Ebay to a collector for $104.00. That's why it's my favorite now. Smile
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1323 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
I agree Mini-Morphosis -> Smile is a little noisy (it is made of plastic) but I don't think it is that bad Smile

I think the not so good ones (notice I didn't say worst because I don't think any of them are THAT bad) are Money Shredder (great but unreliable), Money Cutter (a litle bit obvious) and Bolted.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
I have oh no, trisector, soft coins, lucky rabbit, crystal cleaver, credit card slasher, and this coin trick in where a tooth pick is inserted in this slide and a coin can melt through. My top favorites however are, crystal cleaver, and I think lucky rabbit was clever too, Ed, (Eddini). Smile
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
dAvId tOnG
View Profile
Regular user
sInGaPoRe
179 Posts

Profile of dAvId tOnG
Tenyo's Ninja Experiment. Very very well made and very deceptive.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1608 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
I went on a trip to Tokyo last month and paid a visit to Tenyo stores there. Most of us are able to get some of their box tricks like anti-gravity rock etc.

I believe that they are spliting their strategies. This time, I bought some packet tricks like those I bought from on-line stores in USA.

Of course, these packet tricks are way stronger than those box tricks. On the other hand, they are not in mass production so you have to get them once they are in the stores.

For your interest in these limited packet tricks, please refer to this web page, a web page about Tenyo showroom in Tobu Department stores in Tokyo:

http://www.interq.or.jp/tokyo/fujim/

My best choice about Tenyo product will be their version of D'Lite! JPY 1200 for a set of 2! Try it, you won't be disappointed.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
490 Posts

Profile of DougTait
Thanks for the tip. The web site is in Japanese however and I am unable to read it.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1323 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
I remember when I first saw Ninja Experiment - Paul Daniels performed it on TV and it completely fooled me. I highly rate it as one of their best - so clever. If you can get it - DO.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1140 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
With all due respects to Tenyo, I never knew they were held in such high regard amongst experienced magicians.
They have a brilliant team of creative thinkers. But a not so hot manufacturing team.
Their market seems to be targeted to the "joke shop" outlet.
Consequently, whilst I too appreciate the ingenious methods behind the effects...sadly, I feel disappointed with the product(s) itself.

Consequently...see items for sale or trade
Wulfie
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
OMG, I was just the Magic Shop (Hank Lee's) yesterday, and I saw the Blue Crystal, and let me tell you, this is an incredible illusion in my eyes. He made my nickel visibly "melt the top of it, after I felt it was solid. Then he did it with a card it came with, and I was watching it at a certain angel, and I got how it was done, but still its very visual. In most penetrations the thing that's doing the penetration has do be covered at the moment of penetration. Then they showed me a box with two tubes inside (the Chinese Box I think it was called), and I thought that ws a clever little trick too. I wound up buying Paul Hallas ESPecially Wild though. Next time I'm probably going to get the Blue Crystal even though I figured it out. Smile Smile
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
KJfan
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of KJfan
I love that trick.
One of my best tricks is blue crystal.

Visual magic at its best
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Best of Tenyo? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL