The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Best of Tenyo? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
houdini
View Profile
Loyal user
N.E. Kansas
201 Posts

Profile of houdini
I have both the eclipse and The Sandwich Platter. Both are amazing little effects. they have been in my junk drawer for probably 15-20 yrs. Love to get them out and play with them and amaze myself.
Jim. Thats me on the left,Everyone should know the other guy!
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5675 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
The Blue Crystal is a great One-on-One effect. As I mentioned elsewhere in this forum, try melting a wedding band (ring). The illusion is FANTASTIC.

And a little quiz. What happens if the spectator shuts (closes) one eye during the performance?

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
I love blue crystal and I use it with a ring as well, borrowed. Awesome visual!

Anabelle
asdffdsa
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of asdffdsa
Many great Tenyo items already mentioned. I would add T-129 Mirage.

My friend just showed this to me today and I still don't know how exactly it works after I’ve read the instruction. Magnet may be?
GEMINI
View Profile
Regular user
WA, USA
194 Posts

Profile of GEMINI
I love Blue Crystal, Eclipse and Mirage. Great props from Tenyo. The Blue Crystal is a great one-on-one effect. You know the method but don't know how it works.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3456 Posts

Profile of Julie
I really like the large zig-zag card effect called (I think) Side Track.

My routining is to do Don Alan's Big Deal with the large 4 of hearts being the prediction card and then doing the zig-zag. The holder starts out being just that; a holder for the large card and the zig-zag is almost an afterthought.

I wouldn't mind having a spare--anyone have an extra for sale or trade?
tdaube
View Profile
Loyal user
Nevada
229 Posts

Profile of tdaube
Magic Coin Bank, which is probably their best selling item.

tdaube
pai
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of pai
I am surprised to see no one mentioned "See through card" and "Super stick".
See through card is a devilishly clever application of the Himber wallet.
It would be nice if the inventor explained to us the thought processes that led him to develop this trick.
By the way, I bought "Midas Machine" at an auction. It did not have instructions. Can some body tell me how to perfrom this trick. Thanks.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Many moons ago, Tenyo produced a wooden sand frame, I guess as part of some sort of exclusive line. I have owned two and they are superb. One was stolen, the one I currently have is not in the best of shape, but is still a credible prop as it looks like a picture frame, not some strange plastic box with a window in it.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
aposjf12
View Profile
New user
New York City
91 Posts

Profile of aposjf12
I grew up with many Tenyo items. One of the ones that hasn't been mentioned is DIABOLICUS. You don't even need to touch the box and you know the ESP symbol chosen. The secret is brilliant!
geemack
View Profile
Loyal user
Greg McNeil Peoria,Illinois
294 Posts

Profile of geemack
As pai mentioned, the "See Through Card" was a neat effect. Unfortunately it was assembled with a solvent cement or heat melted technique that made it look rather cheap. The cards would have been much better if they were decent quality like real Bikes. Of course that could have been remedied with some custom gaffs. As with a lot of the Tenyo items, the principle was better than the actual prop.

Tenyo's "Nest of Boxes" was pretty good for a plastic prop. Viking reproduced them nicely in brass. There have been poorly made plastic copies over the years. A company known for taking others' ideas currently makes a brass version, also. In situations where reset time is not a big factor, this is one Tenyo product that I've actually used regularly for close up work.

I also like "What's Next". It is pretty simple, certainly not a big fooler, but it can play well as a filler in a platform or street show. I have two. I get a spectator up to learn a trick. I hand them one without the gimmicks. I take the one with the gimmicks. A little u-do-as-i-do with the spectator, "we" show the audience a trick. Of course this provides a few surprises along the way. Tenyo's "What's Next" is a well made prop. My routine is designed more for fun rather than mystifying the audience, and that makes it one I can use in real life presentations.

Greg
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
You must be the "cutest" one here anabelle. are you ever near Boston Smile

I didn't read everything in this topic but I wanted to address that crappy looking poodle trick that tenyo has. a dog is made from pearls, covered, and barks? lame!!!! its almost one of those tricks that makes no sense whatsoever...
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of papawemba
I see that nobody is talking about the Tenyo effect called "Crossroads";
Which looks incredible to mee Smile
(2 pencils are inserted in a plastic cross tunnel in a way that a pen goes through the other one)
Does anyone know if it is good ? And still available ?

Thank you,
Pepin Nicolas
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1323 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
I have Crossroads. A very rare item and not generally available. It is a good effect but the gimmick is fragile so you need to look after it.

Nice idea. Yo can probably work out the method it you think hard about it Smile

Angelo
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
MerlH
View Profile
Loyal user
Carolina Shores, N.C.
272 Posts

Profile of MerlH
Thank goodnes Jessiah does not like the poodle. Minnie Pearl has been out for many years. I probably make a 200 poodles a year. One of the best openers I have ever had. The bark even makes it funnier. It is not mean't to be a mystery. It is great entertainment. I sure don't want everyone to be doing it!!!!!!
Merl Hamen Old dog-- New tricks
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2183 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
I just recieved Crystal Cleaver from a seller on ebay. What a great effect, I've already performed it for a dozen or so people and the reactions were GREAT. Soft Coins has always been a favorite as well.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
George Bleeks
View Profile
New user
Belfast, Northern Ireland
94 Posts

Profile of George Bleeks
Over the years I have accumulated quite a few Tenyo effects. Most of them are very clever and I love playing with them and showing them to friends and family however I have used very few in public performances. The ones that I have used most are:

T-126 Match-Sticks - a very clever but much neglected item probably because, whilst it is not difficult to do, it does require a fair amount of practice to do smoothly without letting your thinking show
T-169 Zone Infinity - because it is easy to come up with a plausible reason to have this item with you
T-202 Prison Box - because this is just a great effect.

so I suppose, using the real-world performance potential criterion, these are my favourites.
George Bleeks
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17136 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2002-04-18 21:51, Harry Murphy wrote:
Actually, the jeweler fabricated them from scratch. She used square solid brass rod of different sizes for the shank and “tooth” part of the key. etc......

Sorry to resurrect the thread, but did you perform this for her after she made the keys?... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4980 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Don't forget Mystery Triangle, a great trick.
martin56
View Profile
New user
Italy
20 Posts

Profile of martin56
Lubor Fiedler's "Zone Infinity" and "What's Next" (grat for children shows) are the only I use. Usually I don't like plastic props!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Best of Tenyo? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL