The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Issue with Sanctum II (Outlaw Effects) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ash_arani
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of ash_arani
Hi,

I am very interested in the Outlaw effect Sanctum II, but I am not a fan of 'sigil magic' and Illuminati-related themes (i.e. the pyramid-and-inverted-pyramid logo, the all-seeing eye, and stuff like that).

I am very intrigued by the picture on the back of Sanctum II and I can see the elegance of it but I do not want the front part to give the 'wrong' mood for my performances (that is a strictly personal statement). I would have bought it given the great reviews but I was discouraged by the front of the card.

Is Sanctum IV a deviation from that theme? If it is, does it hit as hard as Sanctum II? (I obviously do not own any, so I hope those who are familiar with both can give their comments in terms of overall impactness and mileage)

I appreciate your comments and advice.

Ash
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I didn't know that there was a number 4 out. Where did you see this?

If you are not a fan of 'sigil magic' and Illuminati-related themes, then I would pass on this type of routines.

Ray
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Sanctum 4 is the Carnie "buck slip" fortune teller postcard

sanctum 2 is the membership card

sanctum 3 was made by Chris Goulde and was several little items and a card I believe I don't think he makes it anymore.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2010-10-30 23:06, Roth wrote:
Sanctum 4 is the Carnie "buck slip" fortune teller postcard

sanctum 2 is the membership card

sanctum 3 was made by Chris Goulde and was several little items and a card I believe I don't think he makes it anymore.

Darn Roth, I knew this! ... I just had a little brain fart!

Ray
joemcdull
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of joemcdull
As I know, no matter which version you want, sanctum 2 is a must since the sanctum 2 is attached to a thick book telling the whole story of the sanctum and the detail how to present it. It is a really reasonable investment considering that you are buying a whole theory instead of just a "trick".
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
So was there ever a Sanctum 1 ???

Steve
alemanzano
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of alemanzano
Yes, there was. Actually, Sanctum 2 is an evolution of Sanctum or something like that, isn't that right, Rick?

Ale
Rafael The Master Hypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
South East Asia
498 Posts

Profile of Rafael The Master Hypnotist
I also don't like the Front side of Sanctum

what I did was, scan the Back room and for the Front side, I put a menu, it's from Phil Goldstein "Menu Pause" in Thabatical, so now I sell this card as a give away that once belong to a fine dining restaurant

so now I do Sanctum and Menu pause in one set

this way I sell the back room as a gentlemen cigar room/smoking room in that restaurant

The BIGEST Room in the world is the Room for Improvement
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2010-11-01 10:52, alemanzano wrote:
Yes, there was. Actually, Sanctum 2 is an evolution of Sanctum or something like that, isn't that right, Rick?

Ale

Ya tis correct mon
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
tkahng
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of tkahng
I personally prefer Sanctum 4 over Sanctum 2.
I do have Sanctum 2 in my wallet all the time, its just that I do not like the size. its way too small.
also, I really like the Sanctum 4 design. its a size of a tarot card, with really convincing aging. unlike sanctum 2, which is plastic laminated(not sure if that is the term), Sanctum 4 is wax finished, which makes it much authentic looking.
but unlike sanctum 2, sanctum 4 is quite a hassle to carry with, makes you lil cautious and all.
tpearman
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
53 Posts

Profile of tpearman
I have been considering one of these pocket mentalism style effects and I think this sanctum card looks really cool. Without revealing anything or alluding to any methods, does one need a great deal of experience with mentalism and advanced methods to pull this off?
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
It's not for people without some pretty good presentational skills
For any one starting out I would suggest Kioku would be a better choice

Steve
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
The 40 plus page boolet written by Chris Goulde is just about worth the admission price alone.

It's a wonderful treatise in the subtleties of what the card is all about and learning those skills.

The card does involve a presentation and confidence in the back story and what you are saying. The booklet is excellent in teaching this.

Kioku is very very strong and it is easier to do, that said Sanctum and the booklet are great for learning tools for those not as experienced in this type of presentation.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
tpearman
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
53 Posts

Profile of tpearman
Thanks for your response. I have stumbled across reflections as well and may just have to order a couple things from the website. The site looks amazing and full of great stuff. Looks like I know where my extra cash will be going.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2010-11-26 17:38, tpearman wrote:
Thanks for your response. I have stumbled across reflections as well and may just have to order a couple things from the website. The site looks amazing and full of great stuff. Looks like I know where my extra cash will be going.

Cool. As of tonight Reflections V.2 original cover and V.2 hardcover will be the versions shipping.

The original version with V.2 will start shipping next week. The hardbound will start shipping in 7-10 days max.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
mywords4u
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
153 Posts

Profile of mywords4u
I'm still learning to use S-2. It's pretty good.. Looking forward to the new reflections..
Maddened
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Maddened
I'm a happy and proud owner of Sanctum 1.0 and the original Kioku when Outlaw first started out.

Though I have retired both now, I keep them in a velvet card case because they are just that darn precious. And the friend that I performed Sanctum for the first time still remembers it today. Including the word he chose. And it has been what... 6-7 years?

Ah the memories... Makes me itch for a new Sanctum...

No one should have any issues with any version of Sanctum or any Outlaw products to be honest. Too much care, skill, love and dedication goes into each product for it to possibly have any flaws.

Sanctum doesn't change for you, you change for Sanctum. Smile
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Per Ash Arani's original post I can tell you that you wouldn't have to even show the front of the card but after reading the booklet you may want to anyway. I have Sanctum II and 4 and they are mind blowers.

Cool news about the HC Reflections.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Issue with Sanctum II (Outlaw Effects) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL