The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Pencil magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Sam Griffin
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
170 Posts

Profile of Sam Griffin
A tree talked, when I am finished..leave me a mark on the earth, make me into a pencil and perform an act of magic, make me happy sam

So looking for ideas at the Café seems wise of me.
"When we are on stage, we are in the here and now."
"The eye is the window of your soul."

"The PERFORMER must BELIEVE in everything that takes place on the stage, only then will the AUDIENCE BELIEVE!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Mis-led's a good one.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
There are a couple of ungaffed "pencil penetrates a Dollar Bill and the dollar is restored" type effects one uses a piece of paper and one uses a F**d in the Dollar. The 2nd one is very clean. I think it's a Jay Sankey effect. Try going to his site.

- Mary Mowder
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Radar pencil, finds a card
just passing through,pencil through bill
[Mark Jenest's]number 2 pencil,paddle trick
ring through stick,using a pencil
east meets west by David Harkey & Eric Anderson: Ah-ha! and dough{by sankey} ,both pencil through paper/bill
you could use a flip stick move for appearing/ disappearing pencil
you could use cigarette manipulation moves using a golf pencil{STUBBY/SHORT}
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Misled
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=388

Smashed by Jay Sankey, pencil thru coin
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Un gimmicked pencil or pen thur dollar, is a very lean and every thing can be borowwed and handed out...this effect is not in print and I do not know who the creator is
but pm m with e mail address I'll send a demo but not the handling
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of Christopher Rinaldi
Misled is good also Andrew Mayne has a pencil thru cheek, which is very convincing. Also do not forget the old chestnut of breaking a pencil with a dollar bill. Flip sticks moves with a pencil, pencil from change purse, pencil from folded billfold wallet...

C'mon folks anymore pencil tricks out there?

Let's try and steer away from pentrations though, there seems to be plenty of those types of effects already.
bblumen
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
987 Posts

Profile of bblumen
Pencil and Loop.
"Lulling the minds of your company is more important than dazzling their eyes." Ed Marlo
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The best I've ever seen is a cheap slum item where the pencil stands up in your outstretched palm. Charlie Miller had a KILLER ROUTINE with it.

Pm me for the modus operandi.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
escherwolf
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of escherwolf
Luke Dancy does a neat thing where he puts a non-sharpened pencil into anotherwise empty hand and sharpens it - it's on his Sin City DVD (and also one of his ebooks). It does require that you have the Timothy Wenk "something extra" from Misled. It is a great little plot, obviously suited to a pencil, and to the point.
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

I could be wrong but I think Andrew Mayne also has an effect similar to a smash and stab premise using evelopes and a pencil, worth looking into.

And why does the trick have to specifically revolve around the pencil? Why not also use the pencil in other routines where a pencil comes in handy but is not the star of the show...hmmmmm?
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Stick a pencil thru a bill, restore the bill...break the pencil in half and restore that also. How's about vanishing and reapearing eraser? Make two double ended pencils, one with sharp points and the other with erasers at both ends....facinating.

;)

Use the pencil as a wand to do a color changing eraser routine,the kind you place on the end of a pencil, hope you all understand.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Get intouch with Ron jaxon.
escherwolf
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of escherwolf
Which reminds me that John Rogers sells colour changing pencils (which use Jaxon's outsmokin' principle).
othelo68
View Profile
Regular user
North dakota
174 Posts

Profile of othelo68
Wait! a tree was talking to you? can I have some of what your on?
but seriously PK pencils looks cool.
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Cameron Francis has a non-gimmicked pencil/pen penetration that is Great!

Regards,

Paul Green
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2010-11-01 15:34, Glenn Watson wrote:
you could use a flip stick move...

Glenn and Christopher Rinaldi are correct! Not long ago, I did a flipstick move with a pencil at a little corner store here in this little village outside Bangor where I have been staying.

That one little trick. They were astounded! Just an impromptu idea I had off the cuff, and I am pretty well known in that store now! I had to do a little coin magic the last time I was in there. The lady calls me "The Magic Man". Ha haa! Just because of a pencil!

Doug
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Once again, Pete Biro hit the nail right on the head.

I met Charlie Miller at the Faucett Ross Magic Fest, and Charlie performed his version of the rising pencil.......it's a great trick amd was a near masterpiece in Charlie's hands.

I have been looking since for a quality rising pencil gimmick....but they are VERY, VERY hard to find.
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
347 Posts

Profile of The Cardfather
Left Handed Pencil Up the Nose by Sylvester the Jester. Available from his website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZAToFUMxYU

I never verified this but I think the "Left Handed" reference means you can show your left hand, the inserting hand empty. If you're a lefty it would be your right. That's all I can say without exposing the method and reason.
RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
Quote:
On 2010-11-03 14:13, Pete Biro wrote:
The best I've ever seen is a cheap slum item where the pencil stands up in your outstretched palm. Charlie Miller had a KILLER ROUTINE with it.

Pm me for the modus operandi.

Zenith Raising Pencil...I still have a couple of them from way back in the day...Pretty good effect if you don't mind a little pain...LOL
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Pencil magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL