The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Annemann's story (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
759 Posts

Profile of leondo
Like all of you, I revere Theo Annemann, his thinking, insight, and sharing. I have read every word of the Jinx (and YES! It is required reading), Abrams tome and virtually all of his other written works.

Question: Has there ever been an actual biography written on Annemann. I know there is some covered in Abrams work but it's mostly a collection all his original and printed tricks/effects. Any one ever do a real, investigative biography?
Ted (Leondo)
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
I have yet to see a definitive biography of this fascinating and elusive man. The Abrams book is the only thing that came close.

Best thoughts,
John Smetana Smile
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
If you are able to obtain a copy of William Lindsey Gresham's "Monster Midway," you will find a fascinating chapter called "Kicked in the Teeth by a Bullet." While hardly a definitive biography of Annemann, it does offer some interesting insights.

Best Regards-

Bob Cassidy
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2115 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
"Anneman: Life and Times of a Legend" by Max Abrams
*ISOLATION /QUARANTINE SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls eBooks:
- Now only $10 ea! PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com

Please read the many great reviews here at the Cafe:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS" eBook:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Thanks,
Bryn
cavscout19@hotmail.com (also my PayPal for purchases)
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
Quote:
On 2002-04-16 23:56, mastermindreader wrote:
If you are able to obtain a copy of William Lindsey Gresham's "Monster Midway," you will find a fascinating chapter called "Kicked in the Teeth by a Bullet." While hardly a definitive biography of Annemann, it does offer some interesting insights.

Best Regards-

Bob Cassidy

That is an interesting piece Bob, I had forgotten about it. Another place to get a decent picture of Annemann's thinking is by reading the editorial columns in the Jinx.

Best thoughts,
John Smetana Smile
Paradox
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of Paradox
There was a running column-type bio of Annemann in, I think, the NEW JINX years ago. It was pretty chronological & the closest things I've found to an Annemann bio.
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
I believe that there is Anneman bio material in the hard cover NEW JINX which is still available. There is also a lot of good magic. My copy is still boxed after a household move. I'll check it when I get a chance.

Sid
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
Huw Collingbourne
View Profile
Loyal user
Devon, UK
201 Posts

Profile of Huw Collingbourne
btw, as The Jinx is still available in bound voumes at a reasonable price, I wonder if someone could give me an idea of how much of its content differs from that of 'Practical Mental Magic'. I had assumed that PMM contained most of the 'highlights' of the Jinx. Am I mistaken....?

best wishes
Huw
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
759 Posts

Profile of leondo
Huw,
Although PMM contains some great stuff from the Jinx issues, it is not even close to the other pearls found between the pages of Jinx. The Jinx bound volumes is a "must have" for every mentalist!
Ted (Leondo)
Hunter
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Hunter
Bye the bye, http://www.houdini.com adverts in Magic and The Linking Ring say that The Jinx on CD-ROM is coming soon. If this is done as well as The Phoenix (1942-1954)CD-ROM, it will be a must have and these CDs are very reasonably priced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Annemann's story (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL