The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Holistic huh? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
They have been running commercials for holistic dog and cat food. Is holistic similar to homeopathic which is very small percentage of something is used? I'm trying to figure this out, does this mean they make a batch of dog food and dip in a piece of meat and consider it 'beef'?

http://www.bluebuffalo.com/
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
"All of our natural, healthy pet foods have real meat, fish or poultry as the first ingredient, plus wholesome whole grains, garden vegetables and healthy fruit"

We had a dog when I was a kid whose favourite food was grapes.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
They just opened some organic pet food store near my house. 'Course I live in a kind of yuppie neighborhood.
My girlfriend is kind of yuppie too. She's always wanting me to wash and shave and stuff.
This blue buffalo stuff I think is one of their main brands. It does smell better than the Costco stuff that I usually get for the scotties. And that evil Golden Retriever. Stop looking at me you senile old bag of allergies...
They actually have some cool stuff like the bully sticks (look it up) and frozen raw buffallo knuckles.
I went to the grand opening and got a shootload of free samples.
It probably is slightly more healthy than grade Q feather meat, I don't know.
But my animals love the all natural salmon snacks they gave us.
Then again, I have a $900 cat. I'll try just about anything to make that investment last.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
A $900 cat?

Will it appreciate in value? Smile
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2010-11-02 20:58, Destiny wrote:

We had a dog when I was a kid whose favourite food was grapes.

I also had a dog that liked grapes. Around 1989, the ASPCA discovered that eating grapes could cause renal (kidney) failure in dogs.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/raisins.asp

http://www2.aspca.org/site/DocServer/grapes.pdf?docID=189

I only heard about the above in the last few years.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Dang, my bassett loves grapes, I'm cutting her off.

How is this dog food holistic?

I also want to know about this expensive cat.

If anyone sends me their address I shall send them in return either a cat or a kitten. Note, the kittens are very young and will not be ready for a couple weeks, the cats on the other hand require either socialization or will be great farm cats.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Betty Windsor
Buckingham Palace Rd,
London SW1A 1AA, UK, UK
United Kingdom
020 7766 7300
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Got it....I just got bit by a cat so that one will be sent in two packages.

Is Queen Elizabeths last name Windsor? I thought it was Rodriguez or something like that, isn't her husband from Spain?
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2010-11-02 21:21, Destiny wrote:
A $900 cat?

Will it appreciate in value? Smile

She's one of them hairless ones that everybody thinks are ugly. I don't think she's ugly, but then I'm twisted so I could be wrong...
~Will Rogers
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Nice...my old boss had a munchkin cat she paid a few hundred for. I had a hairless yorkie, looked like a chucacabra, the gay guy formerly on my couch killed her by not taking care of her when I was out of town.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
The Queens husband is Danish, though a prince of Greece - but she already knew him - he was a cousin.

Windsor is her family name, taken from the Windsor Castle in World War One because the previous Sax-Coburg and Gotha moniker was too reminiscent of the enemy.

Forget Phillips original name - it was a big long list but think he changed it to Mountbatten after his uncle, Lord Mountbatten - originally Prince Louis of Battenburg.

The Queen has corgi's - yapping little Welsh dogs, I think.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Gorgis are mean. The husband is a dane? Wow, I thought he was Spanish but I'm not into the royals. I remember Lord Mountbatten from the 70s, the IRA didn't like him if I recall.

I looked 'em up, the Prince is pushing 90! How do you get to be prince of Denmark and Greece? Those royals are silly.

I'm going to go read about the queen!

Hey, is Chuck Fayne still in Australia or did he move back?
ColinB
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of ColinB
During WWII, QE2 trained as a driver and mechanic and drove a military truck, so she's the royal you want to take on a road trp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lizwar.JPG
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Neat!
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Santa,

most of the European royal families were related and countries that ran out of royals seemed to have simply borrowed one from another country. I just looked up Phillip's forbears and there appears to be not one Greek on the Greek side of his family - mainly German - and a Russian - Nicholas 1. On the Danish side they are again mainly German and include Queen Victoria. His blood was used to identify the Romanov's (including Anastasia) when their bodies were discovered in the nineties.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Royal marriage has always been an effective way to reduce foreign invasions and to keep your people out of the neighbour's slave trade.

It's kina lost it's purpose these days.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
What are them one ugly dogs, Chinese crested?
Yeah here it is:

They have two of these that are pets of the reptile store in 'The City of the Valley' (local joke, nevermind) Anyway, they are really cool dogs.
Not as suedey as my cat. More sweaty and weird.
I wouldn't mind having one.
~Will Rogers
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Can't help sorry - I don't know Shih Tzu about dogs.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Critter, that pic really scared me, I thought it was my ex mother in law!

I'm currently researching "holistic" feeds and Blue Buffalo is rated quite high! My wifes dog is a senile, blind and deaf Australian Shepard with a HORRIBLE gas problem so on top of all the other expensive Vits. and supplements we already feed him I now need some fartless food!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
What makes it holistic?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Holistic huh? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL