We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Is College Tuition Refundable? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
This might seem a bit insensitive, and I don't mean it to be, but if a student dies during the college term, is his tuition refundable?
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
I think that is often the case, but it probably varies by school. The terms for a tuition refund are usually described on a school's website.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I should think that it is refundable based on the student being a moron when he graduates, but that also is not the case.

To answer the original it is a school policy. I know of ONE school, (only because a friend experienced it.) that sort of took the position that the class time was what was bought and they could not shift anyone else into it so it is not a refundable situation. After about 1 day, that tune changed. Refund was granted.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3622 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Only to avoid bad pub...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Just to cite a different example, U of Missouri clearly states that fees are refundable to the estate in the event to death:

http://registrar.missouri.edu/policies/refund-of-fees.php

So if you have a particular college in mind, check its web site.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Thanks. It was just sort of a general question. I read a story about a walk-on football player who died of something not related to sports, and I was just wondering.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is one of those things that gets "VERY REAL VERY FAST" for a small portion of people. It is sad that some may have to think like that.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I think in the case of death it maybe more likely that it could happen. But refund the money if the student just leaves as uneducated or even less then when he/she went in? No Why should the school have to pay for the student's failure as a person?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It was a joke.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I knew that Danny as the saying goes "Was just saying" No I'm not going to say say'n I hate slang.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Is College Tuition Refundable? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL