The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Dai Vernon's Slow Motion Card Vanish... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tobini
View Profile
New user
Harrisonburg, VA
2 Posts

Profile of tobini
Hi there,
I've recently seen a very old vintage video of the Professor...it's so old, he has dark hair... :^) The 30-second video shows him openly vanish a playing card, show his hands open and then produce it again. Can you please point me in the direction for help with this? I have a place in a routine where this could be a really big "WOW". Thank you all for your help.

Yours, for the Fun,
Eddie Tobey aka Tobini
http://www.tobini.com
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1477 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
It's described in the booklet "Early Vernon" authored by Dai Vernon & Faucett Ross.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2711 Posts

Profile of RS1963
It may work for you tobini but be very aware that it isn't going to be as easy as you think it may be. But even more so not all that practical. I honestly have not seen anyone do it other than Vernon.
Piqsirpoq
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
117 Posts

Profile of Piqsirpoq
As you might have guessed, it is very very very angly, you can pretty much perform it only for one person. Works great for a promo video though!
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
I've found it can be very difficult depending on the shape of your hands. It's definately a trick best done on TV as the angles are very limited. It's also on the revelations videos, and the professor himself said that it's best for TV, or just one person.
Matthew Olsen

www.mattolsenmagic.com

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
spcarlson
View Profile
Veteran user
Minneapolis MN
362 Posts

Profile of spcarlson
I believe it's also in Ultimate Card Secrets, page 103.
Legendary Creations

from Merlin to Marilyn

www.MagicalArtCreations.com

www.StevenPaulCarlson.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Dai Vernon's Slow Motion Card Vanish... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL