We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » In Your Pocket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9120 Posts

Profile of funsway
Based on the number of comments and PM requests for this effect I am making it available to everyone. Request to gusarimagic@comcast.net

In Your Pocket

This is a demonstration of “close to authentic” impromptu Mind Reading by a stranger of your “directed intent.” I observed Arnold Furst do this a number of times back in the late 50’s, and thought it was standard fare, so did not include it in my eBook 'FurstTime'. It is similar in working to the described effect 'In Silence', relying more on hypnotic techniques than standard Mentalism. The ability/confidence to do both served me well in face-to-face Cold-Call business prospecting where you only have 30 seconds to impress a potential client. I offer it “no charge” to anyone committing to feedback in order to obviate the similarities between the techniques of mentalism, selling, hypnosis and interpersonal persuasion.

EFFECT: upon being asked to demonstrate some mind reading by a group of strangers, one is singled out and told, “I have an object in my right coat pocket – only one, and it is nothing unusual. Trust me on that. I am going to tell you a short list of objects that might be in my pocket, and have been in the past. By focusing on my thoughts, I trust that you will be able to tell us exactly what that object is. Then our friend here will reach in, pull it out, and prove that you are correct.”

Then you proceed to do exactly that – demonstrating that this “instant assistant” can read your mind!
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Funsway,

Thanks for sending In Your Pocket. It sounds intriguing, and I am eager to try it out.

I am one of those who do not carry any effects with me because I do not perform on command. I have had some well-respected performers tell me I need to be ready when anyone asks to see something.

In Your Pocket might be what the doctor ordered to do that anytime-anywhere kind of effect.

Thanks for your generosity,

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Funsway, many thanks. I think I am going to have some fun with this. this is a great effect if you ar eput on the spot. I like the certain boldness.
it is a nice way to make someone the hero.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Thank-you for this. I look forward to trying it at tableside Sunday. My available pockets are occupied so I will use a velour pouch. Smile
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9120 Posts

Profile of funsway
Yoda say, "no try -- do!" ;-)
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1783 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
"Yoda say, "no try -- do!" ;-)" My favorite response to my sales team.
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
Creates MindTricks. Has exactly:
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
It is a very clever effect; and a very good and subtle way to direct a spectator's intuition. Just the sort of thing I've been looking for. Intend on trying this soon. Thank you for your gift, Ken.
You can purchase my works at: http://www.GetMindTricks.com
bharris0225
View Profile
New user
Indiana
70 Posts

Profile of bharris0225
I justed emailed you. Can't wait to see how this thing works! Thanks again!
Gabor
View Profile
Veteran user
Pécel, Hungary
367 Posts

Profile of Gabor
Thanks for sharing it, Ken. What I like about it most is that the assistant is the hero, not the performer.
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright
Boo de Hoop
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
101 Posts

Profile of Boo de Hoop
You have mail Smile

Hope it is not addicted to the English language...
Sorry for my English! My German is a little bit better ;-)
Gabor
View Profile
Veteran user
Pécel, Hungary
367 Posts

Profile of Gabor
Quote:
On 2010-11-05 09:42, Boo de Hoop wrote:
You have mail Smile

Hope it is not addicted to the English language...

No, it's not language dependent. Smile
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Thank you for the "gift". What I like about this effect is that once a mentalist gets comfortable with its method, it should open the door to many other applications. Thanks again.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9120 Posts

Profile of funsway
Aye, brehaut. I was with Arnold in '59 when we entered a restaurant. On the way to our table he brush a table of a couple never seen before. As the girl glanced up he subvocally said, "23." Later on he was introduced along with sonme other notable magicians in twon for the convention. When requested to do a trick he asked somone to call out a number. "Twenty Seven" rang out loud and clear.

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9120 Posts

Profile of funsway
Oops, I meant "Twenty-three" -- the directed number. To coninue, he had someone count down to the 23'rd card in a shuffle deck and it had his signature on it that he gave to the girl. He just left the deck for others to paw though hunting for a souveneer.

bharris0225
View Profile
New user
Indiana
70 Posts

Profile of bharris0225
Just received this in my email. I will take a look at it this weekend and play around with it. Thanks again! I will post some feedback probably next week! Take care all!
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1141 Posts

Profile of KiKi
In the hands of a good performer, this is a really nice effect. I haven´t tried it, but I will.
kiki
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Sent you an email Funxaway! Thanks

Decomp
Gandalf the Wizard
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Gandalf the Wizard
Thanks Funxaway for sharing, the effect is amazing!
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
878 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Funsway,
Thanks for sharing this impressive effect.
It reminds me of an effect that Kenton offers but his is more suited for stage.

Yours is a great idea for the impromptu setting.

Thanks again
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I've had this for a few days now, but didn't want to comment before truly testing it out.
This is a worker and, as has been mentioned, the audience member being the star is very useful.
I think when taken to the next level using methods mentioned in the instructions and also in the thread "Honing mentalism skills" here on Penny then this becomes REAL mind power.

Once again Mr Funsway, hats off to you.

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » In Your Pocket (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL