We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » In Your Pocket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
matthu
View Profile
Regular user
UK
170 Posts

Profile of matthu
Thanks, Funsway - I can't wait until the right circumstances prevail - I am sure that this will go down really well!
tonyf
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of tonyf
Thanks fun .. very nice effect
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Very nice effect. It is a true worker that I can see becomming a real favorite. Simple and effective.

Steve
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Just sent you an email requesting it sir.....thanks! Look forward to trying it....best, Bob
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1259 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
This one made me smile. It seems to defy easy categorization having both an old school and cutting edge feel. I can picture Dunninger and Derren Brown using it.

For all I know, they did.

Nice thing to have in the tool kit. Thanks Funsway.
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
Thank you Funsway. I will try it out when I get a chance. This one could be a great effect, in front of the right audience.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Good stuff FUn, thanks!

Decomp
Boo de Hoop
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
101 Posts

Profile of Boo de Hoop
Thanks for sharing!

I am not sure if it realy will work in German(y).
But that's a kind of a cultural thing.
Sorry for my English! My German is a little bit better ;-)
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9134 Posts

Profile of funsway
Well, Hanussen developed contact mind reading and related non-contact effects in Austria and Germany, and hypnotism seesm to work in all cultures -- so why not subliminal cues?

but, if you do not think it will work, then it won't -- since it is based on trust and rapport.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
Hi Funsway:

Thanks for the email. I will enjoy trying out this routine.

Joe Z.
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175
Boo de Hoop
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
101 Posts

Profile of Boo de Hoop
Quote:
On 2010-11-12 07:24, funsway wrote:
Well, Hanussen developed contact mind reading and related non-contact effects in Austria and Germany, and hypnotism seesm to work in all cultures -- so why not subliminal cues?

but, if you do not think it will work, then it won't -- since it is based on trust and rapport.

The cue is not the problem.

German people love to see a good show, but very often they hate it, to be part of the show. So you have to select your "assistant" really careful.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9134 Posts

Profile of funsway
OK -- that is a different perspective -- an issue I will mention when putting htis effect in a large book. Perhaps all Mentalism effects should consider the appropriateness for this "reluctance" in various cultures.

On the flip side, In Your Pocket could be used to test an Assitant's suitability for other planned effects
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Boo de Hoop
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
101 Posts

Profile of Boo de Hoop
Sounds like a good idea to make a kind of test out of that Smile
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Email sent my friend, I wait patient for your reply.
thank you.
Michael
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
So I've now had the chance to work with this, and yes funsway is correct in that, at worst this is a test to see what the person says/thinks before moving on to something else. In other words we're talking standard mentalist outs as we claim it's a test.
However, when it works (I'm working on approx 75% on a direct or next to direct hit)it's surprising just how big the reaction can be from the layman. yes this is a lovely piece which of course can be expanded upon in many ways for those of us who think that way.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
oliver_wolf
View Profile
New user
Germany
19 Posts

Profile of oliver_wolf
Okay, okay ... you made me curious.
@Boo de Hoop: Hello fellow German. Move to the Rheinland (Western Germany) and everything will be different ;-)
Boo de Hoop
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
101 Posts

Profile of Boo de Hoop
@ Oliver: I moved to the Rheinland some years ago Smile
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
I once made love with a German shepherd. I don't think this is coincidence.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
B. T. Lewis
View Profile
New user
London
59 Posts

Profile of B. T. Lewis
Hey, funsway, thanks very much - I like this idea very much but haven't had the chance to use it in practice yet. Will let you know once I have, but just wanted you to know that I wasn't going to leave you without a response
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » In Your Pocket (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL