We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The little pleasures of life in traffic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1307 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
This just happened...

I was driving home from a gig. Good weather, dry highway. I was on cruise control, a bit over the speed limit. At one point, I saw a black BMW approaching fast in the rearview mirror. It came as close as it could, so close I couldn't see the road in the mirror. It went back and forth, flashed high beams and honked a few times. As if I could have done something to the oncoming traffic. It just couldn't get past me. I had the BMW there for a good 30 miles and was thinking to stop at somepoint to get rid of it. It was getting dark and all I could see in the mirrors was just lights.

So, we're going over a large hill and as we clear the top, you can see a good mile ahead and the first gap in traffic, road's clear. And then the BMW makes it move. It just zooms past me and as it passes the Volkswagen in front of me, it must have been going 120 miles per hour or perhaps more. And then I saw the road and trees light up in blue and red as the unmarked police cruiser in front of me engaged. It went after the BMW like a rocket.

I slowed down quite a bit, so I could cheerfully wave at the kid as the cops had pulled him over. Ha!
Sent from my Typewriter
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
728 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
I love it !!
once in a while there really is a cop when you want one.
thanks for sharing the story.
Bob.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2662 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I wish this would happen more often.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
My wife was driving me (rarely done as she terrifies me) and we were stopped behind a highway patrol motorcycle. The guy behind my wife and I couldn't see the bike and honked then hit the gas into the side pull over lane, which you are not allowed to be in, and zoomed past with his finger in the air. It was still in the air when the CHP turned and looked at him....he got pulled over.

I did something stupid myself. I was in Vallejo California heading to an amusement park and had never been there and was lost. I got directions to go to the end of the road and turn left. I get to the end of the road, there is an arrow on the road pointing left, and the only other thing in sight was a CHP on a bike. I stop, do my five seconds, then make my left waving at the cop as I did so. My wife says "did you see the 'no left' sign?". Cop comes after me so I turn off the expressway onto a side road and EVERY curb is red painted meaning no stopping. So I am driving at 3 mph looking for a place to stop then the CHP on his mic said "it's okay just stop". I did and he let me go because he figured no one would intentionally violate a sign and wave at the cop.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Lmao at your mistake santa. sorry.

As for the o.p. I would have loved to have seen that happen to the ummmm nice person lol.

This wasn't a mistake but My father was driving on the Boulder Hwy on his way into Vegas and noticed a Motorcycle officer was very close behind him. My Dad changed lanes and the cop zipped right behind him. Thinking maybe they had both decided to change at the same time My dad went back to the other lane same thing. After a few mins the cop went after a car that was in front of My dad. The cop was actually hiding before taking pursuit of a car up a head.
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1307 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
I'm just reading the morning paper here, and there's been a bad accident on highway 11 (thats where I was driving). Black BMW, speeding, young driver. Everyone died. Now of course I cant be sure its the same BMW.

What on earth makes young guys think they can handle their car at inhumane speeds? I just read a study, here 25% of traffic accidents are caused by speeding males between 18 and 24 years. And I see that almost every day.

I remember a certain BMW (seems to be a trend) which was usually driving extremely fast. A few of my friends mentioned it as well. Last fall, the 17 year old driver tried to a handle a steep curve on wet, slick road while going 100 mph. The car got wrapped around a tree before breaking in pieces. A friend of mine lost her 20 yo son. 4 died, only survivor is the driver. While he sits in a wheelchair, paralyzed, I hope he has plenty of time to think of what has he done.

Young driver, older car with powerful engine and weekend seems to be the critical mixture.
Sent from my Typewriter
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I blame the movies.

They make it look cool.

Of course, self control is to blame first.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1307 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
I think its also the desire to show off to friends. You know, make them look up to you. To be cool.

At weekends, kids in town drive a route which is known as the p*ssyrally. From a certain gas station to downtown and back. A friend who used to do that, told me he can easily clock 500 kilometres in one night. And racing of course. I did some testing a while back...I was driving a Ferrari (unfortunately not my own!!!) and decided to make a few spins to see what happens. As I was driving there, no one was racing, no one was speeding. Just a quiet respect in the air...that was kinda weird.
Sent from my Typewriter
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I learned my lesson first time I drove on an icy road last year. I go slow.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The little pleasures of life in traffic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL