The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Oz's download magic for tablehopping (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rezamalek
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of rezamalek
Which of Oz's download effects on Penguin would be good to use for table hopping? I'm planning on getting some more of his downloads, but I want to stick to the tablehopping stuff.
Full Effect
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
257 Posts

Profile of Full Effect
hmmmm..... You can get more for you money by getting books. "AOA" has some material that's usable for table hopping/strolling.
Guy Hollingworths book Drawing Room Deceptions has a lot of in the hands/chest high card tricks.
David Harkey has GREAT stuff suitable for resturant work. Jay Sankey has an incredible mind full of restaurant material.

These books run about $30-45 but you get at least 30 routines.
"Running water never becomes stale, so keep flowing" - Immortal Dragon Bruce Lee
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
I agree with Full Effect. When you think about it, you get one effect from Oz for $6.00. Now, why not get Thirty effects for $30.00? That's a dollar a trick compared to six dollars a trick. Much more economical.
Glenn Godsey
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Glenn Godsey
Switching the topic to the well-worn argument that "I prefer books" doesn't answer the question.

I have only two of the Oz downloads and neither of them is suitable for tablehopping. I have Mystery Card, which takes a very special setting and Ultimate Aces, a good showpiece for a formal situation, but not for tablehopping. This is not to say that some of the others might not be great for tablehopping.

Best regards,
Glenn Godsey
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Quick Trick would be good, its really simple but actually really good, it ends with a one hand popout move.
Jemy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jemy
I also think that a nice magic book or a nice DVD is better that just one download trick.
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
Many of the "pre-owned" DVD's listed for sale on MagiCafe are going for $15. They generally contain about 10 tricks. $1.50 per trick in a DVD format - GREAT deal.

Some of the best $$ you could spend would be on the 3 vols of the Art of Astonishment. Fantastic books..

Mike
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
If you have a credit with Penguin Magic (which I did)and wanted to get a download of two, I recommend "Do as I Do." I know two versions, and am working to know more as spectators love this trick as they get involved. Oz's version is very good and great for table hopping.

Avoid "Ultimate Ace Assembly" as it really does require assembly and wouldn't be practical for table hopping unless you would like to do it once for a larger crowd.

Hope that helps.
Mike
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Jay Sankey has a compilation of 4 sets of notes for $20 called "Twenty Years of Magic" and it's filled with KILLER, PRACTICAL material and almost every item is geared for walk-around and strolling with no table required. There are over 30 effects so you're paying less then .65 a trick. Here's the URL to it.
http://www.sankeymagic.com/product.php?product_id=18
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
I'm selling 3 Paul Harris books (shameless plug!) for $25 plus shipping. Four hundred pages and around 45 tricks. With shipping that works out to be about 75 cents a trick! If you are interested, go to category Books For Sale or Trade.

Harv
Evan Williams
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Evan Williams
I agree that DVDs and books are the way to go.

I've seen the demos at penguin and I personally really don't think many of those routines are worth the price. You get a lot more bang for your buck out of DVDs and books.

The most I have paid for one routine in video format is probably Pinnacle and it is a GREAT routine. I think some of the other $15 routines are not as powerful.

Just my 2 cents.

Evan
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
Watch Torn but not Forgotten. It's noted as a trick that can be used with a borrowed deck. That's not quite right.

Penguin Magic's line on this is misleading as you're going to have problems, especially if someone hands you a one way airlines deck or a bridge sized advertising deck received at a trade show.

There is a gimmick involved and it needs to match the deck handed to you if you're using a borrowed deck.

Sorry, I hate misrepresentation in magic advertising. It sticks in my claw.
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
If you were to get books and read them and start perfomring stuff from them, you should easily be able to figure out three quarters of the instant downloads on penguin. IMO the best ones for table hopping...or in general for that matter are Triumph (troy hooser's version), Synergy, The Hit Man, Revolver (this is a sweet one), and of course...Out of This World.
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
I happen to like Killer B. Great trick and it is soooo easy.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2003-07-15 18:48, rezamalek wrote:
Which of Oz's download effects on Penguin would be good to use for table hopping? I'm planning on getting some more of his downloads, but I want to stick to the tablehopping stuff.

Rezamalek,

Boy! Talk about some off-topic responses to your request. While most, if not all, of the books and DVDs suggested to you are good suggestions for magic effects, such suggestions ignored your SPECIFIC request for recomendations regarding Oz downloadable materials that were suitable for table hopping and, instead, went off on a tangent of non-requested recommendations of other things.

I'm sorry I can't be of help in this regard since I don't own any of Oz's downladable effects. Perhaps, corresponding directly with Oz would be the easiest and most efficient way to get your question answered.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
Quick Trick
Fish Sandwhich
Synergy
Jokers Wild
The Daley Show
Torn but not forgotten
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Oz's download magic for tablehopping (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL