The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Question for handwriting analysts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I've been getting back into handwriting analysis lately, it's been a while, and I recently came upon something interesting.

I have always thought that a cursive capital "I" was written starting from the bottom left, so did my wife. I've recently learned that this is supposedly backwards and there is an interpretation for it (either mother issues or 'pretends to follow the rules')

Would you consider the analysis valid even if I never knew I was doing it backwards? How would you interpret it?

Also, just in general, do most people write their cursive capital "I"s starting from the lower right or left?

Thanks
Courtney

Posted: Nov 6, 2010 12:59pm
Oh yeah, while we're at it:

Who is your favorite handwriting analysis teacher?

-I have Bart Bagget's Handwriting analysis course (it's all printed out and on audio cassettes and VHS ...I got it a LONG time ago)

-I also just started "Sex, Lies and Handwriting" by Michelle Dresbold. It's very fun so far and has an interesting "true crime" perspective.

Thanks
Courtney
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13152 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Courtney:

How the letters are written depends on where and when you went to school. In the 60s, just after my class had learned one style, the school system changed to a different style. We were forced to learn the new system as well (not fun for us). My children learned an entirely different system. What came as a surprise, this year I learned that most school systems have discontinued cursive writing instruction.

Tony
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Ah, that makes sense. I know some of the differences between American and some European types of cursive. I also know that M.N. Bunker got into handwriting analysis through his love of various forms of cursive and shorthand.

Quote:
What came as a surprise, this year I learned that most school systems have discontinued cursive writing instruction.

What! Really!? That's very sad. I was talking with my wife about learning cursive this morning and I remember the revelation of what it was and figuring out how to do it myself ( well, I had a few wrong). It was very exciting.

Maybe they're replacing it with lessons on texting? Who will be the first to come up with internet anagram and emotocon analysis?

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
I make the S of my first name starting from the other side and somewhat backwards to make somewhat of a music note looking kinda symbol.

It is a sign of me not following the rules and also a form of creative expression. A hope to draw curiousity from others in hopes of engaging and unique conversations when others notice it.

Just a thought from my handwritting notes in my mind that I call on for my interpretation.

-Scott M.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Hey guys,
I just read bevbevvybev "speed learning graphology," and I sent him a PM about what I thought of the book. I thought I'd share it with you all.
(and remember it's available at: http://thecoldreadingcompany.co.uk/readi......g-books)

I just finished the book and I absolutely love it. I think it's the best intro to handwriting analysis I've seen. All the most important parts are covered (I like the golf ball analogy and especially "scrawl") in such practical way.

The best part, I think, about it is the layout with tests at the end of each section and the samples.

I really wish I had had this when I first got into handwriting analysis and I'm thrilled to have it as I get back into it.

---that was the PM. Long story short, if you realize how interesting and fun handwriting analysis can be (or if you would LIKE to realize how interesting and fun it can be) ...get this book!

bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2628 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Thanks Courtney glad you enjoyed it. I always try and write books I wish I'd had when I started!
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Just one more thing about it (this was implied I think above, but not specifically mentioned):

The layout of the book is designed not only to be easy to understand but to get you to really remember. You review each step as you go along and then are walked through 5 different analyses so that you can get a comprehensive understanding of the system.

I have read several books on handwriting analysis and a course and I've learned a lot of cool things, but it's often been difficult to integrate new strokes and meanings into the actual practice and when I did readings they were not at all systematic, which lead to varying success with it. Here you you learn everything quickly and systematically.

So really, ...get this book!

Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
His line of instructions are must-haves and are probably the best in the business. Add the low price factor and you've got the single best source for entering the 'reading' field and REALLY doing it, not just learning cheats and shorthand.

I think you could probably buy everything he has to offer and make it all back in the first 1 or 2 jobs.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2628 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Thanks for the kind words guys I'm flattered.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Question for handwriting analysts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL