The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Public Liability Insurance for UK Performers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
The definition as set out by the law for one thing might have a factor. In the US there was a case where a counsellor used a technique for grilling a suspect over a murder. During this process she implanted false memories. Which even made the defendant believe he had commited the crime.

It was found later to be totally false. They called in experts on "hypnosis". They concluded she used hypnosos even although she said she hadn't and had never been trained in hypnosis. Subsequently the use of hypnosis in some states on suspects and witnesses was banned because of that case.

I never said my version would be upheld. However its not my version it is a well established view as are other schools of thought. I have no idea what would happen in court. But my gut feeling tells me if there are laws to protect people from misuse of hypnosis that are blatantly broken and something serious happens - I doubt very much if the courts would go down the road of trying to prove whether it exists or not.

These are my doubts not facts. You believe what you want.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4133 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Fair enough.
RobertTemple
View Profile
Regular user
Newcastle, UK
174 Posts

Profile of RobertTemple
Well, this is fun. Let me drop in my thoughts, fairly quickly. And yes, Alex is one of my best mates, and I appear on his Transparency Template DVDs. Just to clear that up.

I've no idea WHY this argument is going round and round. It makes little sense. Reg, thankfully, started this post merely to point out that there is now a way for people in the UK to get insurance which will get their licenses and allow them to work legally for as little as (now) £125. And this information has been supplied, for free, by Alex. That's all there is to know.

It's fairly simple when you break it down. If you want to perform hypnosis anywhere in the UK, you need a license. To get a license you need insurance. Now you can get it without paying the £800+ I have been paying for my policy. Wheres the problem?
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Actually Robert its not going round and round its going off in different tangents the latter part of the thread has got nothing to do with insurance. I may if consider in the future trying this insurance.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Public Liability Insurance for UK Performers (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL