The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » An Afternoon with Carlyle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
I spent several hours talking with E. Raymond Carlyle Sunday afternoon. Wonderful man to chat with and I hope to have as a mentor. We discussed Mentalism and Seance work for almost 3 hours.

I should hope to have half the passion for the art as he has at 79, when I reach that age. Ed looks more to be a man in his sixties.

We talk about how he got started, his views on mentalism, seance work, presentation, and where I thought I am headed in the art.

I only wish I had discovered he lived so close to me years ago.

Gone is the bushy full beard, and he now sports a neat mustache and goatee. The voice has a deep rich resonance, that demands attention during a performance (he did his show opening lines for me).

For those of you that can get there he will be at the gathering in CT later this month. I only wish I could make it myself to see his lecture.

If you can attend, I'd highly recommend you do so.

Cheers
FRank
Kim
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Kim
I'm in Richmond and it is my hope to get to spend some time with him. I have purchased a few things from him over the years and everything is quality.
Kim
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Ed is a great guy... Many years ago, I spent many nights with Ed and his wife in their former Cali. home.. It was always great to get together with Ed and the late great Sandy Spillman.
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
Riley

Elders?

I have been invitrd to joint Ed's new Elders group here in Virginia Beach.

Cheers
Frank
Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
703 Posts

Profile of Leslie Melville
I'm very much looking forward to spending time with him - and the other Ed (Solomon) at the CT gathering his weekend.

Leslie
Stories....?....That's telling!
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2010-11-09 04:53, Frank Douglas wrote:
Riley

Elders?

I have been invitrd to joint Ed's new Elders group here in Virginia Beach.

Cheers
Frank

I am not in the ELDERS... I attended a few gatherings during my travel days from NYC to LA years ago...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Ed is a gentleman of the highest order, and a treasure to the craft. The half dozen or so chats I've enjoyed with him have been revelatory. For those who can't attend, consider getting his DVD's. Very good stuff. Carlyletouch.com
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
When Carlyle lectured at Denny & Lee's a few weeks ago, it was one of those times when 30 years of knowledge suddenly was given a context. A lot of theory I had studied was suddenly being put into practice in front of my eyes, and it was like someone turned on the lights for me. Any time spent with Ed is time well spent.
Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
John

I concur on the "Touch" DVDs.
Click>--------------------------------------------------------------------------<Click

Click>--------------------------------------------------------------------------<Click

Cheers
Frank
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » An Afternoon with Carlyle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL