The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » RED HEAVY LOAD BALL - by RNT2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
I'm not sure if anyone notice (it would be quite easy to over look) but RNT2 is producing a new final load ball. I know what your saying, "It's a red big knit ball... big foxy deal". Well, I just received one and I got to say it's unlike any other load ball I own and is officially my new favorite.

So what's to oooh and awe about? Well this red knit load ball isn't made of cork or wood, it is an actual billiard ball! Weighing in at 7oz this sucker does what other load balls I had always failed to do, "thud".

More often than not, when I perform, people assume the load ball is some how squishy and collapsable and I end up having to knock it around or pass it out. I always like the idea of a billiard ball load to solve this, but alas those little suckers talk like old women at a salon after bunch and mimosas. I really like this load ball and it has the RNT knit that I know will last and is really quiet. Oh and did I mention it will fit in a set of Paul Fox cups? Yea that was pretty cool.

Personally, I love this ball because of the weight, when you allow the ball to drop out of the cup from a raised height it hits the table with a loud and attention grabbing thud like you wouldn't believe. However, what makes the ball great can also be its greatest weakness. I can't imagine carrying this ball in my pocket all day doing walk around restaurant table magic, so keep that in mind when looking at it.

IMHO I think this is something really worth checking out. I'm really happy with it, even if its "just a ball". From my understanding our own Bill Palmer had something to do with this ball becoming available. So thanks to him as well.

I got a few more things I got from RNT2 to tell about, but I'll wait to photograph those first (just text is sooooo 1996) Smile

Here is the link for what this is all about http://bit.ly/dtjQMr

-Lee

http://www.outofsleight.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Looks great.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
MitchellMac
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of MitchellMac
Heavy things are important. Weight is one trait that makes the load less likely to be gimmicked. In my routine I use a big rubber ball. When I produce it I stick my pinky under it and let it go as I lift it up so that it goes -Thunk-
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Beauties.

Just bought three.

Donnie is a rock star!
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The story behind these balls is rather interesting. I decided that I needed some heavy load balls to use with the three cup routine that I'm working on. I needed the weight because of the equipment I'm using.

When I perform the chop cup routine, my ending is three billiard balls. However, because of the cups I want to work with, this doesn't work as well for a three cup routine. I had some red snooker balls of various diameters that I sent to Donnie for crocheting.

It turned out that the crochet deadened the sound perfectly, but the balls still had the right characteristics that I needed for the other aspects of the routine.

These are definitely worth the money.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Already out of stock . . . .
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Dang... well then its really worth the wait/weight... see what I did there? hahahaha Smile
-Lee

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I'm sure he will have some more very soon. When you get them, please send me an e-mail, and I'll give you some hints on how I use them.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Quote:
On 2010-11-09 11:33, Bill Palmer wrote:
I'm sure he will have some more very soon. When you get them, please send me an e-mail, and I'll give you some hints on how I use them.

I would do this, I would hate to be doing a routine and have the ball roll off the table and onto your lap and/or foot.

-Lee

Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
Glad you like the ball Lee, and Panlives, you wiped out the last of the stock on these balls. Your patronage is appreciated!

It takes a considerable amount of time to crochet just one of these balls, but more will be available soon in a variety of colors.

I owe a big THANK YOU to Bill Palmer for guiding me in the direction of 2 1/4" billiard balls for a solid core. Once the ball has been crocheted, the results measure 2 3/8" diameter and fit perfectly into Paul Fox, Sisti, Classic, JES and Monti cups. In fact they fit into any cup that holds a lacrosse ball size load, and they fit a little better than lacrosse balls do in some cases.

If you are interested in knowing when they are back in stock, simply add them to your Back In Stock Notification list on the website and you will automatically get an email message when they are in stock.
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Donnie I gotta ask, how are you able to do different colors with the snooker ball typically being red? Are you able to get different colored snooker balls to match the knit?

-Lee

Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Yes, a full set of snooker balls includes 8 colors, including Red, Yellow, Green, Blue and White - the basic colors I need.
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Can't wait to get a nice set of these.....these are the balls you were telling me about Saturday aren't they.
cool
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

I should have brought one with me on Sat Mike, before they all got snapped up... I'll let you know when more come in. I don't even have one for myself!
I was more excited about the Gold PF Mini Cups - sorry, shiny stuff.
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
And for good reason the Gold PF Mini Cups were awesome as were the other cups you brought.
it's all good stuff.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have to thank Donnie Buckley for what he has done with RnT II. Some of his ideas have been fairly radical, for example, the introduction of Argentum Silver into the world of cups and balls. Well, maybe not radical, but at least innovative.

I purchased a set of these almost exactly a year ago. Most of my solid silver and silver plated cups are stored in plastic containers that isolate them from the effects of Houston air. I have simply kept these in their drawstring bag, and as of five minutes ago, the amount of tarnish was minimal.

That was a great idea, Donnie!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Another type of heavy ball, that I used to use in a chop cup routine, is a model 1 Kong Ball. It's heavy and makes a loud thud when bounced.
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Quote:
On 2010-11-09 10:38, Bill Palmer wrote:
The story behind these balls is rather interesting. I decided that I needed some heavy load balls to use with the three cup routine that I'm working on. I needed the weight because of the equipment I'm using.

When I perform the chop cup routine, my ending is three billiard balls. However, because of the cups I want to work with, this doesn't work as well for a three cup routine. I had some red snooker balls of various diameters that I sent to Donnie for crocheting.

It turned out that the crochet deadened the sound perfectly, but the balls still had the right characteristics that I needed for the other aspects of the routine.

These are definitely worth the money.

Why does it not surprise me that Bill Palmer was behind this great load ball?

No I get the pleasure of thanking both Bill AND Donnie!
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
ekins
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
513 Posts

Profile of ekins
I keep picturing an 80 year old lady sitting in a rocking chair in the corner of her living room crocheting around a snooker ball.
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Quote:
On 2010-11-10 12:29, ekins wrote:
I keep picturing an 80 year old lady sitting in a rocking chair in the corner of her living room crocheting around a snooker ball.

What ever gets the job done...

-Lee

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » RED HEAVY LOAD BALL - by RNT2 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL