The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Zoltar from Alchemy Moon Bazaar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

teaguejb
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of teaguejb
Received a Zoltar card from Alchemy Moon Bazaar last Friday. I have to say, I'm really impressed with this little card. It is fairly heavy stock and laminated for durability. The lamination is not the kind that extends past the edges of the printed card, so you don't have the clear plastic margins. I think they will be offering an aged version soon as well, but I like the laminated one. It looks like something an actual Zoltar machine might spit out as a prize if you stumbled upon a working machine today.

The card has really nice colorful artwork and the idea behind the cold reading system is very clever. It is configured as a bi-fold card with the primary image on the inside. The card comes with a booklet that is clearly written and encouraging. It just skims the surface of what is possible with the card, but gave me some good ideas for presentation. Not sure how much I can/should divulge, but there are a number of 'outs' in case you have...uh...chosen the wrong subject.

The best part (to me) is that Alchemy Moon Bazaar is keeping a fourm for each of their products. When you buy a product, you are given the password to the forum. I've been impressed with the amount of ideas and tips posted so far.

I am new to cold reading, and I know I have a lot of work/study/practice ahead of me before I can really make the most of this card. However, I also feel that Zoltar gives me some nice training wheels so that I can use the card to begin practicing cold reading. This card is going to be a lot of fun to use.

If anyone is curious about this, I would say it's a pretty nifty thing to have in your wallet.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2910 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Thanks for the review, you'll find there are some interesting things you can do with Zoltar.

There's certainly more than meets the eye.
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1101 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
This sounds very interesting!

Can't wait to read more!!
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Paradise
View Profile
Elite user
sheffieldEngland
417 Posts

Profile of Paradise
Yes got to second that, I am new to old reading too, but this has certainly helped and made it a lost simpler to remember with the prompts.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2910 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Paul, Zoltar is making his way to you, he called me from New York yesterday where he was forced to stop to do some readings, so it won't be long now. Remember .... always use your powers for good!

Zoltar gives you more than just cold reading, he has experience in psychological (no psychological forces if that's what you're thinking) and magical matters, too.

Hail Zoltar!
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
My Zoltar has arrived.

He's small but oh so powerful.
He gives accurate readings, simply.
He can even give insight into, and answer, the PRECISE question your subject is thinking of.

And he has hidden talents as well.

Enough of the cryptic ramblings;
This card is, for me, one of the best wallet cards to carry around with you.

steve
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2910 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Steve,

You mention "hidden talents" ... are you sure you found all of them? Not all of them have been revealed, though you may have stumbled upon them.

More info on the bazaar Zoltar discussion booth for those who own one.

More to come!
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I'm sure there's more for me to find.

I'm dividing time between Zoltar and my Cuss Cards.
So hard to just concentrate on one item.

Steve
alemanzano
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of alemanzano
Zoltar has arrived!

What I like most is that it can be carried on the wallet and it's a very powerful piece!

In this beautiful card, Zoltar has a life of his own. He can read your mind, your feelings... who knows, maybe he can read your soul. And there are these "hidden talents". Maybe I'll try to find them.

Anyway, I really liked this great piece. Definitely something I'll carry with me.

Ale
Paradise
View Profile
Elite user
sheffieldEngland
417 Posts

Profile of Paradise
So does this card do more than what is mentioned on the site?
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Simple answer YES.

Not so simple is the fact that there are aspects to this card that even those who own it don't know everything.

There are things it can do straight out of the packet. Cool things.
There are things that will need a little more work

I'm still playing around with it's possibilities.

Steve
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2910 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I have been using Zoltar for about a year now (mostly with a prototype) and I perform the basic presentation almost exclusively. Sure, there is more to do with the card, but I find the basic presentation is enough fun and entertainment for me and those who experience the wisdom of Zoltar....

How deep have you guys who own this gone? Do you find that the basic presentation is enough most of the time, or do you always delve deeper?
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
The basic presentation is more than enough to get great reactions.

Steve
alemanzano
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of alemanzano
As you guys stated, although there is more to explore, the basic presentation is so entertaining, and one could go deep only at this point, that finding hidden secrets is on a second layer using Zoltar.

Ale
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1101 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
I received my Zoltar card, and it is beautiful! (although I will probably be 'aging' mine)

There are some great presentational aspects to this, and simply displaying the card will generate interest!

It is a great tool for those looking to do casual readings. There is a simple "crib" on the card to help out the beginner, but there is a lot of potential for the readings to be taken much further, and it seems like the private forums on the AM site will be filling up with some ideas on this as well as some presentational details and 'bonus' items. Also offered are some questionable tips on audience management!!! Smile

I checked out the forums and didn't find any mention of PA, but it seems this can easily be worked out with the Zoltar card (that's all I will say for now!)

There are some cool ideas for utilizing this card for billet work also.

I can't wait to see what the other cards from AM will offer!

Nice job guys!!

Paul
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
teaguejb
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of teaguejb
Apparently, there is a forth-coming book for Zoltar called _Zoltar Explores the Unknown_. I'm definitely looking forward to that. All of the material I've read from Alchemy Moon Bazaar so far is really great...and they are only the instruction books! I can't wait to read something they are putting out as a stand-alone book. I have high expectations for this....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Zoltar from Alchemy Moon Bazaar (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL