The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Uri Geller and Others (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Ok.. so I am working on several new interviews for the Magic Newswire "Sprit of Magic" Podcast. One of those that I may be fortunate enough to have as a guest is Uri Geller.

If you, as a performer in this field, had five minutes with him to ask a question or two, what would you ask? Has he influenced you? Has he not? What would you be most interested in hearing him talk about keeping in mind that we do our best to keep these chats on a positive note?

Side Note: I am guessing that we will not be discussing the possible future release of any products discussing methods, but knowing the type of interview that I like to do, I was hoping that this community might offer some positive feedback and question that would help to benefit and inspire future generations of performers.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18808 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Did he keep in contact with Puthoff and Targ?
when was the last time he bent a lampost?
who would win in an arm wrestling match - him, or Randi?
whats the most moving magical moment he's witnessed (non family/friend related)?
I've asked to be banned
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Where did he get his balls from? Seriously how did he deal with the pressure of being Uri Geller. How did he get into and keep in character?
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Great questions.

In fact far better than most would ask any magician.

Jim

H.o.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
I'll do my best. Any others?
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Does he still considers himself a psychic?
What´s better a clear conscience or owning a island?
Has he ever been contacted again by aliens since he got his powers?
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
905 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
How does he REALLY feel about his interactions with Randi over the years?
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2286 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
What has changed most in the Psychic arena since the 70s?
Does he see the changes as positive or negative?
Why?
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Who would win in an arm wrestling match - him, or Randi? I gotta to second this fine question from Iain.
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Quote:
On 2010-11-09 17:39, magicnewswire wrote:
If you, as a performer in this field, had five minutes with him to ask a question or two, what would you ask? Has he influenced you? Has he not? What would you be most interested in hearing him talk about keeping in mind that we do our best to keep these chats on a positive note?

I'd like to hear him answer why he is appearing on a magicians podcast when he has implicitly denied any knowledge of or involvement with the conjuring community throughout his entire career.

Cheers,

Chris
alexander_may
View Profile
Loyal user
South Africa
289 Posts

Profile of alexander_may
Can't wait to hear the interview! I have to agree with mindpunisher... how did he keep his wits with all that incredible controversy around him.

Chris, I don't think he denies any involvement in the conjuring community. If you read the "What magicians say" section on his site its pretty clear. Plus he wrestled with Criss Angel on TV Smile
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
And don't forget that the Berglas Foundation presented him with an award in 2008 for "Services for the Promotion of Magic."
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18808 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2010-11-10 08:50, Chris H wrote:
Quote:

I'd like to hear him answer why he is appearing on a magicians podcast when he has implicitly denied any knowledge of or involvement with the conjuring community throughout his entire career.

Cheers,

Chris

don't understand mentalism, do ya huh...

just like mr. berglas has never read a magic book in the whole of his life...
I've asked to be banned
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3010 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Quote:
On 2010-11-10 10:11, IAIN wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-10 08:50, Chris H wrote:
Quote:

Cheers,

Chris

don't understand mentalism, do ya huh...

just like mr. berglas has never read a magic book in the whole of his life...

This is news to you, Iain?

My question to Chris is why he's in a magician's forum if he doesn't believe in magic?

My question to Uri pertains to rumors about another television show in the United States ... maybe it's too soon to mention this...?
OldNick
View Profile
Regular user
Dresden/Germany
111 Posts

Profile of OldNick
1. Has he ever considered being a mentor/teacher for a "new kid on the block"? Like Randi was for Banachek/Steve Shaw 30 years ago?

2. Does he think that it´s possible for another person to repeat such a career - of course with a different back-story and different "manifestations" - in todays life with all the wide-spread knowledge, internet access, betrayal of magic secrets...?
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Quote:
On 2010-11-10 10:33, ALEXANDRE

My question to Chris is why he's in a magician's forum if he doesn't believe in magic?

I don't believe I magic
I also don't believe in fairies
do you?
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5133 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2010-11-09 18:12, mindpunisher wrote:
Where did he get his balls from? Seriously how did he deal with the pressure of being Uri Geller. How did he get into and keep in character?

Great question.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3010 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Quote:
On 2010-11-10 11:55, alpha alex wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-10 10:33, ALEXANDRE

I don't believe I magic
I also don't believe in fairies
do you?

I absolutely 100% believe in magic!
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
Has he ever had someone in the audiance shouting out his exact methods, and how did he cope with them?

Whats his favourite coin bend? Does he sign them?

How does he make people "care" about the bends?
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
tiriri
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
247 Posts

Profile of tiriri
Why did he present himself in the beginning as a psychic and not as a magician or mentalist?

What is he today, after all that has been said about him, a psychic or a magician/mentalist?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Uri Geller and Others (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL