The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Uri Geller and Others (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
I'd be interested to hear about his faith and beliefs - quite a personal question ...

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Quote:
On 2010-11-10 10:33, ALEXANDRE

I absolutely 100% believe in magic!

I know you do

enought about this..
I hope dodd gets to interview uri
and picks some of the questions from here..
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1044 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
Will there be dragons?
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2666 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Is the proper pronunciation "YU-REE" or "OOH-REE"?
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Dodd,

Sent ya a PM
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
901 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Are jedis the real psychics?
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4177 Posts

Profile of bobser
Are ya gonna' keep on keepin' on, or will there be a discaimer at some point?
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Quote:
On 2010-11-10 09:39, alexander_may wrote:
Chris, I don't think he denies any involvement in the conjuring community. If you read the "What magicians say" section on his site its pretty clear. Plus he wrestled with Criss Angel on TV Smile

Hi Alexander,
I can't find the section of Uri's website that you mentioned, but I can assure you that Uri has claimed throughout his entire career that his "performances" are not conjuring tricks. Although we are well aware that Uri has close associates in the magic community, Geller does not claim to be a magician. Check out his Wikipedia page for some rough details on where he claims his "powers" come from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uri_Geller

Quote:
On 2010-11-10 09:51, magicnewswire wrote:
And don't forget that the Berglas Foundation presented him with an award in 2008 for "Services for the Promotion of Magic."

I haven't forgotten, Dodd. Uri's Wikipedia article mentions the award:

In November 2008, Geller accepted an award during a convention of magicians, the Services to Promotion of Magic Award from the Berglas Foundation. In his acceptance speech, Geller said that if he hadn't had psychic powers then he "must be the greatest" to have been able to fool journalists, scientists and Berglas himself.

Quote:
On 2010-11-10 10:11, IAIN wrote:
don't understand mentalism, do ya huh...

Is that supposed to be a question? I'll presume it is, and inform you that I understand mentalism perfectly. I also understand ethics. Seemingly unlike your good self.

Quote:
On 2010-11-10 10:33, ALEXANDRE wrote:
My question to Chris is why he's in a magician's forum if he doesn't believe in magic?

I have no idea. It's certainly not for the riveting, intellectual discussion.
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Uri's actual qutes from his discussion at the ceremony when he received it London was ::

I thrieve on contreversy, looking back on my career, I called myself a phsyic, I constantly need to re-invent myself, you will not get a straight answer. I have to protect the performers in my show, I owe it to them, I don't want to know how they do it, I just want to see the most mind blowing show there is. Lets say I wasn’t real, lets say for the last years I’ve fooled the journalists, the scientists, my family, my friends.. You.. If I managed to fool them, I must be the greatest..?

I have seen things in my life that I cannot understand or explain, I cannot bend spoons like some of the magicians, you, can, it blows my mind when I see that, I have no idea. I had the idea and cheekiness to call it physic, in fact all I wanted was to be rich and famous, I wanted to buy my mother a TV.

I don't think I am gifted, I think all of your are gifted, you must have encountered things that you couldn't understand, I never made money form bending spoons, I made money from finding oil and gold, I don't know how I did that, maybe it was luck. It’s an honor to get this award, it comes from a legend, David Berglas, it will be controversial, some of you will write on your blogs or whatever.. its lovely to sit in front of you all.

Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5901 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
So much for assurances.

Thanks Dodd! That quote pretty much answers my question about what he thinks of the misinformed nobodies on the Internet who talk trash about him.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1939 Posts

Profile of ted french
What's your favorite dl? How many phases of an ambitious card routine should you perform before its too much? What is your favorite deck of cards, the Guardians from theory 11 or the Arcane deck from E? I'm thinking of adding a color change vest to my show. I understand you do a color changing vest as a closer in your kid show. What brand of ccv do you recommend?
P3
practice practice perform.
LBP MAGIC
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of LBP MAGIC
Chris sure is fun. I am thankful on this day of thanks that I don't wake up like that guy every morning. May I have another 50 years of not waking up like that.

Could you ask Uri if he believes in other Psychics? If he does who they are? I would find his answer most interesting and insightful.
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Quote:
On 2010-11-11 11:51, Tom Cutts wrote:
So much for assurances.

Thanks Dodd! That quote pretty much answers my question about what he thinks of the misinformed nobodies on the Internet who talk trash about him.

how rude it is to call the world known great escape artist James Randi a nobody
totally unnecessary ;-p
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18808 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2010-11-11 00:56, Chris H wrote:

Quote:
On 2010-11-10 10:11, IAIN wrote:
don't understand mentalism, do ya huh...

Is that supposed to be a question? I'll presume it is, and inform you that I understand mentalism perfectly. I also understand ethics. Seemingly unlike your good self.

no it was not a question, I would have used a ? to denote it as such...it was a statement...

I am highly ethical and moral...
I've asked to be banned
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5901 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On 2010-11-11 17:26, alpha alex wrote:
totally unnecessary ;-p
That is your use of the name; not mine. You are hiding behind it, unsurprisingly.

;-]
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
What brand thumb tip does he prefer?
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Quote:
On 2010-11-11 15:59, LBP MAGIC wrote:
Chris sure is fun. I am thankful on this day of thanks that I don't wake up like that guy every morning. May I have another 50 years of not waking up like that.

This is Dodd's thread, and the purpose of it is not for people like you to throw around insults about people you don't know. If you have a problem with me, you're more than welcome to PM me and tell me what that problem is. Same goes for anyone else. I won't hold my breath...

Quote:
On 2010-11-11 17:30, IAIN wrote:
no it was not a question, I would have used a ? to denote it as such...it was a statement...

Funny. The language you used suggests it was a question. May I recommend you consider the way in which you word your posts more carefully in future?
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Quote:
On 2010-11-11 20:48, alpha alex wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-11 18:21, Tom Cutts wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-11 17:26, alpha alex wrote:
totally unnecessary ;-p
That is your use of the name; not mine. You are hiding behind it, unsurprisingly.

;-]

I have heard horrible stories for handing your name to strangers
one of them coming from one of your friends, the rum and coke magician.
believers could be dangerous and some here even applaud scam artists
so excuse me for being careful tom

Forums are truly worthy examples of what is wrong with the world at this point in time.

Those who no one gives a wag of the wily for are the ones that hide and shake in the shadow.
Pontificating at length though their digital masks.

Those who walk and create in the public world and believe what they post has value
(if only value it being their opinion) use their own names or people know who they are.

I have yet to see this not be the truth on this or any other forum of this type.

Sorry for the rant and I say sorry for the sidetrack.

J im

H.o.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5901 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On 2010-11-11 21:21, Chris H wrote:
not for people like you to throw around insults about people you don't know.
To take his desire to "not wake up and be you" as an insult requires you to make inference from his written word...something you are proving as inept at as you are at assuring. Or do you assume everyone must want to wake up and be you one day? (and that's a question)

Quote:
Funny. The language you used suggests it was a question. May I recommend you consider the way in which you word your posts more carefully in future?
Yet another failure of your inference abilities. I guess they only work when they create something (errant as it may be) with which you can complain.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
I would ask Uri if he's happy.

- entity
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Uri Geller and Others (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL