The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Wristwatch is Back (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
Sooo...

Recently on ye olde social networks, I asked my friends how many of them still wear a wristwatch.

These days, we are so surrounded by gadgets that already have the time on display...mobile phones, microwaves, car clock, etc...why wear a watch anymore?

Well not to go too deep here but I think all of us would agree that wristwatches are great props for our art. Especially other people's.

Well it seems the wristwatch craze is coming back.

For example according to NPR:

"Wristwatch sales are actually on the rise this year, according to June Rhee, the fashion watch buyer for the Macy's department store chain.

"The overall watch business and the watch industry have been experiencing an unusual growth this year ... it's explosive, and people who've been in the industry for 20, 30 years have never seen numbers like this," Rhee says.

Here's a link to the full article: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story......31163403

All in all, good news for the team.

PL&H,

Don

P.S. Anybody else a little happy to read this?
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1743 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
That's exciting news! I've noticed an increase. I have a whole slew of effects I perform with wrist watches (Shameless plug for a product that isn't anywhere near market ready!) and find that it's never difficult to find someone with an analog watch!
Anansi
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Anansi
I remember a friend of mine relating a story where he went up to a group of people in Goa and asked if any of them wore a wristwatch and a laid back gentleman who looked to be a by-product of a pharmaceutical tryst from Haight-Ashbury replied:
" No way man, we don't wear reality bands "

For me, I love 'em- don't wear them, but own several and appreciate the artistry that goes into making them tick. They're personal, they give us information and they are, after all, time machines are they not DT3?

;)
ars est celare artem
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Hmm... in Europe wear a watch ( expensive if possible) is an exterior sign of achievement for men and same time a fashion accessory.
So, we don't have this problem at all.
Only teenager don't wear watch.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Wristwatches never went away. It is rare to see anyone, except perhaps a teenager, who is not wearing a watch (and I don't hang around with teenagers).
Dick Christian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Wristwatch is Back (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL