The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Helder Guimaraes - Red Mirror dvd (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
974 Posts

Profile of helder
It's coming soon a new dvd of Helder Guimaraes, one of the best card magicians of the new generation.

http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=2713d......0b09679b
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1130 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
I'll definitely be getting this. Helder is one of the best performers I've ever seen.

Caleb
http://www.CalebWilesMagic.com
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5964 Posts

Profile of motown
Loved the first on one. Can't wait to see this one.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
974 Posts

Profile of helder
Chech out, more news about the dvd and a new book too. Smile

http://www.dananddave.com/podcasts/an-in......imaraes/
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
Helder Guimaraes
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Helder Guimaraes
Thanks a lot for your kind words.
For more information on this, visit:

http://www.dananddave.com/new-products/r......imaraes/
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1615 Posts

Profile of bugjack
It looks amazing, I'll definitely be getting this, but is it possible to post a list of the effects covered?
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1130 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
Just placed my order. I can't wait.

Caleb
http://www.CalebWilesMagic.com
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
380 Posts

Profile of atucci
It was available today as of 1pm eastern time here in the U.S.

The trailer says eight routines are fully explained in the 3+ hour disc which means a lot of time will be devoted to Helder's thoughts on the WHY'S rather than the HOW.

I was fortunate to see Helder perform and lecture in Daytona last year and while the lecture was abbreviated to accommodate a very tight schedule he did speak more about the WHY's of his presentation.

The Bucks are heavily promoting this release, have convinced Guimaraes to release his first english language book at Magic-Con 2 next year and are calling this disc their most important project yet.

A lot of magic marketing is hype however the Bucks are backing the right horse in this instance. All that remains is to see if the DVD lives up to the talk.
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
817 Posts

Profile of magico
Atucci,

It was available at 12PM eastern time. I ordered mine yesterday at 12PM. There are only 3 hours between EST amd PST.

Magico
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
380 Posts

Profile of atucci
Magico - thanks for the FYI. I was under the impression it would go on sale at 10am PST. Regardless I'm looking forward to receiving & studying the DVD.
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
817 Posts

Profile of magico
Me too.
Helder Guimaraes
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Just to let you guys know the contente of the DVD, as asked before:

Contents

· 4 For Four
· Helder Skelter
· The Sculpture
· Sloth
· An Invisible Thread
· Aberto Court
· Cardesian Coordinate

Each routine has been broken down into its own segment and includes a separate studio performance and explanation. Helder then provides commentary after each effect, in which he discusses its development and offers ideas for you to take it further.

Besides the many sleights Helder utilizes to achieve his effects, the following have their own special segments and offer detailed instruction on their technique.

· Ascanio Spread
· Stuart Gordon Double Turnover
· Elmsley Count

Interview

In this one-on-one interview, Helder discusses his background in magic and theatre, why he specializes in card magic, his thinking process, how he constructs routines, practices, and so on. Full of wonderful advice and an inspiring look into one of the most important magicians of his generation, you won’t want to pass this up.

Extras

· Merry-Andrew’s: A simple and very direct version of Twisting the Aces performed with Jokers.
· Credits: A reference of both sleights and effects is included as an aid for further study.
· Easter Eggs: We won’t tell you where they’re located, but if you stubmle upon them, you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

2010 Lecture

Excerpts from Helder’s 2010 Los Angeles lecture. Features discussions about magic and a performance of an impossible Cards Across routine to leave you in wonder.

Best regards,

Helder
inaciolino
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of inaciolino
My dear Helder, my father is Portuguese just like you. I really love your magic. You're so much creative. Congratulations for all the success you have. See you!!!
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1615 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Thanks. This is helpful. The DVD sounds great.
sushimonster
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of sushimonster
Helder,

Is the Invisible Thread routine on Red Mirror different than the one on Small Miracles?
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of learachel
Quote:

Excerpts from Helder’s 2010 Los Angeles lecture. Features discussions about magic and a performance of an impossible Cards Across routine to leave you in wonder.

Best regards,

Helder

and explain?
Helder Guimaraes
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-11-29 16:48, sushimonster wrote:
Helder,

Is the Invisible Thread routine on Red Mirror different than the one on Small Miracles?

Yes, it's the same but in a context of a bigger routine (that's why is explained). Don't think it's fare to perform the all act and leave the explanation of this out just because it was in print before.
Best regards,

Helder
Helder Guimaraes
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-11-29 17:27, learachel wrote:
Quote:

Best regards,

Helder

and explain?

I like the performance of magic as much as I like thinking behind it. Just seeing magic for me, without explanation, can be a true lesson.
But answering to your question...
No, not explained in the DVD. But in the book, it will be. Smile

Best regards,

Helder
sushimonster
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of sushimonster
Helder,

I first learned about you when I bought Small Miracles. It is an amazing collection - not a bad routine on the DVD. I am excited by your new DVD and book. Your oil and water routine is a staple of my card work - one of the more magical takes on the effect. Cheers!

PS - does Mr. Magic have a cameo on the new DVD?
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
817 Posts

Profile of magico
Any one get theirs yet?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Helder Guimaraes - Red Mirror dvd (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL